AlienWare Sentia™ m3450 Core Duo 2 Laptop $749

its is a good deal for an allienware, but your not getting much, you def are gonna need more RAM at least, the price flys up there once you attatch some upgrades, but for a good desktop replacement notebook you gotta throw some money down.
yes the case is awesome :)

this is by no means a desktop replacement...

14.1 inches is way too small of a screen.... just imho

Damn man. They just changed the price to $849, i called because i added to the cart for $749, but i went back to see some pictures of the case, and the price is changed now. :mad:

I called the Alienware, they said it could be a mistake or there might be a promotion which is expired now. :mad:

No i am not looking for Desktop replacement, but nice good looking laptop with 14.1" Wide screen LCD and light weight.

Core Duo2 is a plus.

It's $100 off the laptop itself and $100 off one of the bundles if you add that also. If you don't add the bundle you only get $100 off.

It's $100 off the laptop itself and $100 off one of the bundles if you add that also. If you don't add the bundle you only get $100 off.

aburgard said:

But it was $749, now it is $849. Which bundle are you talking about?

Does it come down to $749 ? Shipping is $59 :mad:

Do we have any coupons for Alienware, i like the look of this laptop. I don;t wants Dells plain old style laptop :D

Nice to see a Core 2 Duo laptop available now, but low-res screen = bleh.

Gonna snag a fully loaded Dell Latitude + Core Duo when Core 2 hits so I get it cheap^2.

lol... "Intel High Definition 7.1 Audio"

i eonder where they put the surround and subwoofer speakers ;)

I guess the Alienware takeover by Dell is finally paying off in lower prices...meh, if I want a bling laptop I'll get one of those black carbon fiber Acer Ferraris.

Damn Core Duo laptops are still expensive. What the hell, i want nice looking, light and loaded laptop for $700. :D

ReD.SkY said:
lol... "Intel High Definition 7.1 Audio"

i eonder where they put the surround and subwoofer speakers ;)

Speaker jacks for the above, not onboard.

Is alienware partially owned by Dell? There is a striking resemblance between their site and Dell's.

DriveEuro said:
Is alienware partially owned by Dell? There is a striking resemblance between their site and Dell's.

They are completely owned by Dell.

Yes dell owns alienware now...I was checking out gateway and they have the same website design too...go figure.

That laptop is way too overpriced. Add some upgrades to it and you're at about $2000. My laptop isn't core 2 duo, but I'd get better FPS in any game than that laptop.

It's not a gaming laptop. It's a light weight business/web/homework/travel laptop. Nobody buys a laptop with a 14.1" screen for gaming.

Nice desktop. Too bad it doesn't fit in my backpack.

meh, i would go with a inspiron for better features.. or even an IBM T60 would be good.

alienware isn't much in my book.

complete garbage. way overpriced, horrid graphics, rip off ram pricing(330 for 2 gigs :eek: ) i wouldnt waste a dime on that.

besides, i can buy a barebones and have a t7400 with x1600 for way cheaper.

You can build a notebook thats better than that with an x1600 for less than $750?!! show me please!!

Alright show me how to build your own laptop from scratch a lot less < $700 with better graphics.

They are giving you XP Home but I thought that you need XP Pro in order to use both processors. If so, then you'll need to upgrade the operating system if you want to make use of the both cores. Why do they even bundle XP Home with C2D?

:( How can Dell put the Alienware name on anything that uses integrated Intel graphics with no upgrade option? That's just wrong...

GHacker said:
:( How can Dell put the Alienware name on anything that uses integrated Intel graphics with no upgrade option? That's just wrong...

the sentia line has always have intergrated graphics, Always

Back