alienware m15x repair help

ruthless-

Gawd
I accidently pulled off one of the soldered pieces connecting the power switch to the motherboard. So now I can't even power on my m15x. I have pictures but I have no clue how to upload it here. I was wondering where i could buy that piece online.

thats not the piece i need, its the longer piece on the same board. how do i upload pictures of what im talking about?

v10, could you find me a reseller that would sell that damaged piece i've got there?

as you can see my panel is fine, i just ripped off that connector accidentally. worst case is i end up having to just replace the whole thing. I really don't want to spend more than I need to

Willing to bet you're gonna have to replace the whole board cover, unfortunately. That one I linked is the one you want it includes everything.

Yeah I saw that too but I don't think it includes the board behind it. That's just the plastic cover. Only way to know for sure is to maybe give them a ring bro

Edit: Lies.. I decided to read the description. According to that it does come with it. Order it up!

thanks man, i called them as well and it does come with it. Now my next question does it matters if its refurb of not? that one is gonna cost me $20 less than the one you linked me, but its refurb and possibly not authentic dell.

Doesn't matter I'd say. It's authentic Dell just not brand new. Willing to bet it was parted out from a broken system.

Back