• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Alienware Labtop MB w/ Broken Power Jack *NEED HELP!

jdogrich

n00b
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
2
I have an Alienware Sentia series laptop and I am in need of some help with repairing a broken power jack on the motherboard.

I bought this laptop used about 5 months ago and everything seemed good until it started having problems charging. I decided to take the laptop apart to take a closer look at the power jack and found out that the previous owner had broken it and hot glued it together before selling it to me. (Nice hey). It is still intact on the motherboard, but it’s quite loose and is cracked on the sides and front.

I can’t go through alienware because I’m not the original owner, so I am looking for anyone who can help me out. Basically I need a new or used power jack to replace this one and someone who can remove the old one and solder the new one on. The jack has T-MAC written on the side.

If there is someone on this forum who repairs motherboards I would greatly appreciate some help or if anyone can just point me in the right direction. I’m just a poor college student so I need to find a way to get this fixed that wont cost me to much.

I am also including a few pics of the power jack so please take a look.

i22CA49A3-AE16-491B-91A1-FEF38AB3377E.jpg

iD7C0B0CC-C464-4711-A9D5-2754F8C6BFFD.jpg

iE9A93971-CBE3-45FE-B501-24588E180C8D.jpg
 
That looks like a standard DC power jack that you can pick up at RadioShack.. there should only be 2 contacts.. the pin, and the outside.. should be fine if you hook it up right :)
 
What he said :). Looks very standard. Get a multimeter to test which side is positive/negative on your AC adapter too.
 
Back
Top