• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ALIENWARE Cases: Would you buy one...

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
1,285
...System to just have the case? I mean they don't sell their cases alone (obviously), so the next best thing is buy s complete system. Then again, they are so expensive that you just have to forget about it. Why are they so expensive?
 
i would buy one of the old ones, the chen ming looking ones... but definately not the new ones..
 
Would I buy an Alienware for the case?

No.

They do occasionally sell the cases on eGay.
$200-$300 :(

And yes, I do think they are cool looking cases. But with $300 to spend, you could do some mad modz on any case.

The reason Alienware is so expenseive?

Dell, Compaq, peemachines and the like are marketed for the average consumer. Or the average business.

IBM is marketed toward upscale businesses.

Alienware is marketed toward the guy that has enough $ to say "Hell yeah, I got a good looking computer with some decent specs.....what's a dremel?"
 
no offence, but you can get killed posting something that isnt bad about the alienware case here.
 
the computers are expensive because they apparently line the inside of the case with silver to improve cooling.

really, they are just overpriced because they go to the trouble of tuning windows for you (turning off all the extra programs basically - just about any online guide tells you how to do that just as well as they do) and they give you a warrenty.

raidmax sells a look-alike case (their new one) for about $200. don't remember where they sell it, but xoxide usually has 'strange' (read: ugly) looking cases other places don't necessarily carry.

i wouldn't buy one, but that's just me. (and most other people on this forum...)
 
I totally agree with rogue jedi, the older cases weren't bad but you can find those for like $50, the new one is just ugly as hell.
 
alienware stands to its name. the cases they make look like aliens i swear they are so freaking ugly

o so no i wouldnt buy one. i would rather make a case out of horse poopie :)
 
I think the new ones look fantastic (the "Alien" shaped ones, not the new(er) slim models built strategy games)

Also, I don't know why they install WinXP HOME.
 
Yeah we're all talking about the Alien ones. I didn't even know they have new cases now, I hope they look alot better then the Alien POS ones.
 
Cannibal Corpse said:
Also, I don't know why they install WinXP HOME.
I really doubt anyone buys these for use in a business. :rolleyes: I wouldn't ever buy an alienware computer even if I had the money.
 
you buy them for the name, yes they are over priced. it is the same thing with sony over priced but you buy it for the name
 
sony is a bad bad bad example. sony produces very good products.
 
The systems are amazing, no doubt. Price, ha! Anyways, the cases, they are so ugly, I really hope no one has ever bought the system just for the case. Honestly they are so tacky and ugly. If I ever have enough money I may buy their cheapest system possible, and sell the case alone on ebay. Put the guts of the system in a Lian-Li and sell it to someone :). Could make some money like that :)
 
DRJ1014 said:
sony is a bad bad bad example. sony produces very good products.
I see you've gone from capitalizing every word to not capitalizing anything. ;)
 
Alienware anything is the spawn of demons in the deepest bowels of hell.

Nuff said.
 
wow how'd i miss this thread......


I can't believe you started an Alienware thread. You should be shot in the face and then stabbed repeatedly.
 
jpmkm said:
I see you've gone from capitalizing every word to not capitalizing anything. ;)
yes its just easier than arguing. somtimes i will do it but not that often
 
No. I don't like the way they look, but, the color schemes are nice, I wish more cases came like that, instead of plain black, or alum silver, or beige...
 
alienware systems arnt even that good... just a bunch of asshats who are extremely unprofessional working out of a warehouse here in miami
 
I would never spend over 50 dollars on a case alone... it is just a waste of money IMO...
 
rofl, to lighten the mood of this thread slightly... CC, i have a friend who's wanting to get rid of his Alienware Case (possibly just the case, don't know exactly what mobo it ships with). Just let me know though, I can get in contact with him, etc and maybe we can make a deal. It's silver all around with big eyes =p. It's okay guys, I'm still a good ol' case modder :).

flip
 
personally, i have one of those pre-predator, alienware clone cases(chenming i think)
and i like it, not really for the looks but for the price i got it(free, my friend bought a new case and gave his to me) and for the amount of space to work inside the case. with properly routed cables, its almost, nay, POSSIBLE to actually see your motherboard without seeing a single wire, save for the main power connector. lots o' flexibilty in where you can put things. i am soon gonna mount a dual 120mm heater core in the top of my case and STILL have room for my resevior and dvd+_r/w without a hitch(or too big of one ;) ).

dont get me wrong, had i had the chance to get a cheap/free LLpc70 or bigger i wouldv'e... but they are so damn expensive... but pretty...<sigh>

damn, got off track, yeah those chenming clones and all the other clones that look like them look a HELL of alot better than those new POS crack-addict predator mask alienware cases
 
Back
Top