Alienware 13 GPU

bvbz

Limp Gawd
So, my friend just got the new Alienware 13 in, and I have to say I really like the laptop. My issue is that the 960m/965m was just released; what's the typical turnaround for a company like Dell to put the new GPUs in? More importantly, is it likely they will put the 965m in it? Anyone have any insight?

So, my friend just got the new Alienware 13 in, and I have to say I really like the laptop. My issue is that the 960m/965m was just released; what's the typical turnaround for a company like Dell to put the new GPUs in? More importantly, is it likely they will put the 965m in it? Anyone have any insight?

My guess is definitely not anytime soon. Especially considering they are pushing that external gpu unit (graphics amplifier).

I don't think it'll take too long considering they just released the M15 with the 9xx series cards. Hopefully they should have it out within a few months.

Alienware (Dell) is slow to adapt new tech. Sometimes new parts won't even come out until a year after they're released. I've noticed this over several years. I wouldn't hold my breath or wait out anything when it comes to Alienware.

I saw in the service manual recently with the 960m listed there.

The 960m is just a rebrand of the 860m and the 965M uses a GM204 core (cut down) so wont fit, no reason to wait if that's the machine you want.

I recently picked up the new 15 with the 970m and I have to say... unless you just need the 13" form factor... make the jump and get the beefier GPU.... its 1000% worth it.

I hope you don't want to use the desktop graphics adapter box with it since it has a lot worse design than the MSI G30 with the use of the cable docking. I have tested out the GS30 at CES and I was very impressed though its on top of the box docking is not up to all potential customer's tastes.

The Alienware 13 once it gets the GTX960/965M variant will be worth while, but as MunneY stated the 15 is just a tad bigger and has a beefier graphics option.

Back