• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aliens: Dark Descent

yep, the trilogy of good games is alien isolation (first person atmospheric horror), aliens fireteam elite (third person action), and aliens dark descent (isometric tactical strategy)
 
i'd love to see a game that mixes dark descent, fireteam elite, and isolation - first person perspective, more emphasis on horror than fireteam elite, and the more hardcore gameplay of dark descent with emphasis on tactics. and heck, add in a character creator and a branching plot with dialogue choices. that's my dream Aliens game right there.
 
I bought this game last weekend while it was on a STEAM sale. Wasn't sure I'd like it since its isometric though I do enjoy RTS but every ALIEN related game (AVP, Isolation, etc) I've played on PC was a FPS.

It's very good though and incredibly detailed but man, does it feed into my worst OCD tendencies in games. But yes, ALIENS: Dark Descent is highly recommended. One of the best ALIEN games since Isolation.
 
i'd love to see a game that mixes dark descent, fireteam elite, and isolation - first person perspective, more emphasis on horror than fireteam elite, and the more hardcore gameplay of dark descent with emphasis on tactics. and heck, add in a character creator and a branching plot with dialogue choices. that's my dream Aliens game right there.

Man, Fireteam Elite was such a shame. Fun overall but only 3 person co-op, no text or voice chat built in, just emotes. Made it so hard to just pick up the game with randos. That game could have been as good as the Vermintide/Darktide games, deep rock galactic, SpaceMarine2 or LeftForDead.
 
Man, Fireteam Elite was such a shame. Fun overall but only 3 person co-op, no text or voice chat built in, just emotes. Made it so hard to just pick up the game with randos. That game could have been as good as the Vermintide/Darktide games, deep rock galactic, SpaceMarine2 or LeftForDead.

Fireteam Elite was on STEAM sale too and considered buying it but read in the forums the player base is gone.
 
Coming to Game Pass on November 27.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/11/19/xbox-game-pass-november-2024-wave-2/

1732042041549.png
 
Hell yeah… the number of times I passed on this during a sale… mostly because of my backlog.

I love Gamepass.
 
I thought a sentry gun and suppressive fire would protect me from an onslaught and boy was I wrong

I'm sure others have their favorite tactics. Mine was using mines and snipers to deal with the rando xenos to avoid detection.
 
Back
Top