ALIEN + Sega. Good news?

I guess you have never played Condemned: Criminal Origins? It was made by SEGA and was pretty freaking awesome on all accounts.

Naw, Sega has done some great things. Since they stopped the console thing, they've been able to focus just on games. Pretty smart move. They probably would've been eaten alive by the current console kings. Their arcade games are usually quite impressive and tons of fun.

I was hoping that Monolith would continue the series after working on FEAR but I guess that wont be happening. Hopefully Sega is able to portray the atmosphere of the Alien movies like AVP and AVP2 did.

Sega put out one of the best (if not THE best) looking games on the GC, especially w/ component cables: F-Zero GX.

They also made Sonic 2. 'nuff said. Their games/series/franchises for the most part kick total ass.

If they take cues from AVP then it should be pretty good. Sonic 2 is one of my favourite games of all time(first game I actually felt a real sense of accomplishment after I beat it), but lately their game quality has dropped quite a bit. Hopefully they can pull themselves back up.

Nate_MachV said:
I guess you have never played Condemned: Criminal Origins? It was made by SEGA and was pretty freaking awesome on all accounts.

Condemned was developed by Monolith, the FEAR guys. I think SEGA was just the publisher.

If I were Sega I wouldn't focus on AVP for content, I would base it off of Aliens and then add some elements from the Jaguar version, co-op marine's would be badass :cool:

Creepingdeath1977 said:
If I were Sega I wouldn't focus on AVP for content, I would base it off of Aliens and then add some elements from the Jaguar version, co-op marine's would be badass :cool:

The games are apparently based on just the Aliens universe, so no predators anywhere. Personally i think this is fantastic news because i never really thought the AvP thing quite gelled.

To me a nice idea would be to make a game in a similar vein to Call of Cathulu. Could work really well if its done right. The game could be set at the beginning of the 'Aliens' film following the events leading up to the marines arrival. Your character could be one of the colonists. You wander around the complex hearing people talking about a guy who found something strange and has since disappeared. So you take it upon yourself to try and find out what is going on and have to sneak into restricted areas and talk to witnesses who saw ' a guy with something attached to his face' or 'a strange dark creature'. Putting the clues together to get an idea of whats really going on. Later it could up in pace as the aliens start to take over and you get a gun and try to help people escape to safety. The game could end with you getting infected and coccooned. Only waking up later when a marine grabs your head and screams "we got a live one".

'k..k...killll meeeeeee"

Always wondered what happened on the colony before Ripley showed up. Would be cool to find out what happened.

Same formula would work for a Predator game too i guess.

Skirrow said:
Always wondered what happened on the colony before Ripley showed up. Would be cool to find out what happened.
Dark Horse did a comic on that. I don't remember what the name of it was, now, though.

hopefully it will be good. Anyone know if there will ever be an AVP 3? Avp 2 was awesome.

*edit* I just went to the websites, and it looks like Obsidian is going to be doing the RPG. Could be cool.

wow, I hope they make sure the MP was as insanely awesome as in the old AVP games.

Sounds like it could be a winner if they manage to maintain the atmosphere.

A fully decent Aliens (Alien2) based game that truly captures the film's atmosphere and weapons (including the sentry guns in the special edition) has yet to be made.

That'd be actually awesome.

The game would start with the gunship drop...

spine said:
A fully decent Aliens (Alien2) based game that truly captures the film's atmosphere and weapons (including the sentry guns in the special edition) has yet to be made...
I'd play that.

Yeah, that and all the sounds we know and love properly recreated.

Also, there'd be no Ripley, you'd play as Corporal Hicks and Newts not in there either. It was all military aspect of that film that made it IMHO so just focus on that solely.

And when you exit the game you'd hear Bill Paxtan cry, "Game over man, game over!"

How could it fail!? :cool:

Speaking of Sega
Check out my HUGE Sega Mega Drive System and game Collection For Sale on my F/S Thread :D

Back