Alien Isolation, a good Alien game? Trailers/info released.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
The long rumored Alien game from Creative Assembly (Total War developers).

Announcement trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIOQIMlrMG8

Gameplay/commentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFBsvg61f0

Behind the scenes/developer talking about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFBsvg61f0

As reported the game's main character is Ripley's daughter, Amanda.

However a good surprise is that the game itself is not an "action" game (IE like most of the other aliens/avp games) but rather survival horror.

It's being described as close to the Amnesia games (which is great imo) and there is only ONE alien in the game, which serves as the antagonist.

While I am not too keen on them basing the game on Ripley's daughter, as imo it takes away the point/impact of her character in the movies and the fact she's meant to live a normal/long life which serves as a reminder to Ripley when she does make it back of what she missed out on and how different her life was, I am glad that they are taking the game into a survival horror direction which imo fit muchbetter when the Alien movies then the generic "action" games we've had in the past.

Hope it will be good.

BTW if anyone out there can find the "gameplay" videos without some commentary that would be great, I Can not for the life of me find a single one that doesn't have people talking over the bloody thing, which is annoying as hell.

Looks good so far.. if I would say anything right now, it's that I don't really like the way the alien just sort of roams the hallways like one of the zombies from the Penumbra games or something. It really needs to stalk the player and be stealthy about it. Hopefully there will be parts of the game where it does more than just walk back and forth on scripted pathways.

Other than that, it looks really good.. it's amazing it's taken this long to make a proper horror/survival game based on Alien.

I'm a little terrified just thinking about playing this game. Alien universe is my favorite of all, of anything but a goddamn survival game instead of a bug hunt? Shivers ... I cannot think of anything more terrifying that playing a game where you're being stalked by a xenomorph.

I did hear that your character would have to face off with soldiers from the masculine medal of duty organization. Personally, I'm shelving my expectations for this game. I can't afford to get my hopes up for another Alien game.

Long live AVP2

I love exploration games, so this is right up my alley.

Long live AVP2

HERE HERE!

the game is looking good but im not getting my hopes up or preordering.

what im not understanding is how can we sneak around the alien, just crouch behind something and the alien has no idea where we are at?

HERE HERE!

the game is looking good but im not getting my hopes up or preordering.

what im not understanding is how can we sneak around the alien, just crouch behind something and the alien has no idea where we are at?

From what I've read the Alien is not scripted and it will actively hunt the player based on things such as sight, sound, etc. So if you are making noise it wil hear you, if you run out and it see's you, even from a distance, it will come running to you.

I even read one guy's hands on and he said that he was hiding behind a box and he merely "peeked" around the corner with the lean and when he did the alien saw him and came running.

Then there's also people talking about how you can hide in things, such as lockers a la Metal Gear style and the alien can even grab them and try to peek in and you have to hold your breath/lean back so he can't see or hear you.

Damn that looks impressive. But I will wait to pass judgment until I actually see the full retail version that looks that good.

I will say this: if done RIGHT, we could be looking at an amazing game, even a genre defining one.

The trailer looks very good so far especially for an early build. Hopefully more details of what the game will be like will be released. I have't played a good Alien-based game in a while.

hopefully the gameplay and graphics shown in the trailers will actually be in the game itself...sorry Gearbox

Back