Alice- any good?

vinnie

[H]ard|Gawd
Picked it up a few times without actually buying it. Read mixed reviews. Looks interesting and different and for A$10 it's hardly a massive financial loss if it's not...

Still, I'm curious if it's half as unique and whatnot as it's touted as.

I love it. A very sick and twisted 3rd perspective shooter. Some interesting weapons and great story. For $10, definitely buy it :)

yeh. i'm with him. i'd suggest picking it up and playing it. i loved it. has a really dark feel to it if you can't figure from the cover. i think everyone needs to atleast play it for a minute, but thats just me

My buddy keeps trying to get me to play it, he loved playin' through it...

if you can get it for 10 bucks, why not :). i thought the game was awesome, but yes, there isn't really any replay value.

Awesome game. My now ex gf bought it for me for like $5 about a year ago. Very good story and gameplay.

I loved every minute of it. You'll especially enjoy the (sometimes gruesome :D) attention to detail if you grew up with things like AIWL. It played very well with high details at 10x7 on my GF2 GTS card, but I haven't played it with more recent hardware. I might try playing through it with some FSAA... yeah it's a great game. That's not to say the graphics aren't up to snuff, but they may seem a bit outdated as it's based on the Q3 engine though as we've seen from games like CoD we know it's capable of more than envisioned for the engine :) The sound and musical score are also very well done, they set the mood almost perfectly. IIRC one of the members from Sonic Mayhem did most/all of the score (Chris.. I forget his last name). Well worth the price of admission.

I spent $40 on it when it came out, and think it was well worth it.

Does that answer your question? :p

Now, if someone would just pick up Oz...:mad:

It annoyed the heck out of me, but I fully respect the other opinions here. I thought it looked really cool, but I was dissapointed. Plus it won't run on Windows XP -- so beware!

I have one to sell ya if you want it. $10 shipped :p

Uh, it runs on XP fine.

And it is a really fun game.

Wal-Mart has a 2 pack of Alice and Undying for $10, you should pick that up because Undying is good too.

Originally posted by TheGamerZ
Wal-Mart has a 2 pack of Alice and Undying for $10, you should pick that up because Undying is good too.

SCORE! I loved both games. I pirated them back when they came out, now am anxious to buy them to get the whole package. I'll have to go pick them up tonight :D

Alice is like 2+ years old, but American McGee is working on his new title 'OZ'

:D

Originally posted by theNoid
Alice is like 2+ years old, but American McGee is working on his new title 'OZ'

:D

Check Blues News. OZ reportedly cancelled last week, maybe the week b4.

Alice has trippy, pretty graphics & some fun weapons. A shame it's nothing but a damned jumping puzzle obstacle course.

Originally posted by TheGamerZ
Uh, it runs on XP fine.

And it is a really fun game.

Agreed on all three parts :) Shoot, I was running Alice under a beta version of Windows XP just fine.

Undying is another classic, $10 for both games is a nobrainer.

Wow... that's a resounding yes I take it :)

When I saw it I kinda dismissed it- a game with a pretty little girl in a blue dress on the cover didn't quite tickle my fancy. I was thinking about it later and had vague recollections of hearing good things about it though, thought I'd check in with some real people :)

Marvellous, I'll grab it next time I see it I think :) Thanks folks.

Originally posted by Silent1
i never finished it but i had a blast playing it, need to finish it one of these days.

I never got past the Mad Hatter. He kept whoopin' my ass and then I uninstalled the game to install BF1942 and haven't bothered to go back and finish. Someday I will though.

Btw, just ran by WalMart (ugh, how I loath that place, but Target didn't carry this). The walmart website had it for $14.88. Went down to the actual store, and sure enough, $9.97. Thanks for the heads-up on that. Just picked up mine.

Back