• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

algaecide

Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
25
I will be rebuilding my loop using all copper and acrilyic parts, my question is this....has anyone had success using an algaecide purchased for fish tanks?
 
I have used distilled water with a touch of isopropyl alcohol for a number of years now. It works!
 
if I were you i would go wiht the PT nuke, that fishtank stuff isn't as good as it still needs to let fish live lol. PT nuke I believes kills anything organic in the water.
 
Be careful if you do this. Acrylic has a habit of not liking isopropyl....



Possibly, but at the small concentrations being used it is a non-issue. I have used it for over 10 years in numerous systems without any failures. I even used an acrylic reservoir (not to mention many acrylic topped water blocks) for over three years and experienced zero issues. Proof is in the pudding.:D
 
Back
Top