Alerts disappearing

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
When i sub to a thread, create a post, or post a reply it will give me alerts for that thread. It seems after a while it will stop giving me alerts. Ill go and find the thread and see new replies yet it hasnt given me alerts for it for several days. This has been happening since the Xenforo implementation. I figured it was me so ive been dealing with it and checking over anything i have the power to change. This doesnt happen on other xenforo communities im on. Seems to be isolated here.

When i sub to a thread, create a post, or post a reply it will give me alerts for that thread. It seems after a while it will stop giving me alerts. Ill go and find the thread and see new replies yet it hasnt given me alerts for it for several days. This has been happening since the Xenforo implementation. I figured it was me so ive been dealing with it and checking over anything i have the power to change. This doesnt happen on other xenforo communities im on. Seems to be isolated here.
Hmm, not sure on this. Mine all work. Having not had others tell us this. RoldanLT will be able to look into this.

It has pretty much done this since I signed up back in 2016. I assumed it was just a setting in the backend that if you didn't come back to a watched thread within like 12 hours it would not show alerts anymore.

It has pretty much done this since I signed up back in 2016. I assumed it was just a setting in the backend that if you didn't come back to a watched thread within like 12 hours it would not show alerts anymore.
This sounds pretty much like it.

If you just view the unread alerts on this pop-up menu:

upload_2018-10-24_1-41-14.png

The thread will remain unread to you and XenForo will stop alerting you in the future post replies.
You can view Unread Watched Threads here: https://hardforum.com/watched/threads

Or if you just open the thread itself, but stops reading even if there are still remaining pages to read it will still mark as Unread Thread and Xenforo will stop alerting you on future post replies.

If the thread has still this label "Unwatch Thread" on top, you should be alerted on future post replies.
If not even if you read up until the last post, then there's a problem.

Back