• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aleratec 2-bay 2.5" HDD Bracket

lazy7689

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
73
Hi, all.

I was looking at mounting my two 2.5" drives in my Norco 4224 and was wondering whether anyone had any experience with the Aleratec 2-Bay 2.5" SATA Bracket which goes into the expansion slot.

Specifically, I'm concerned about heat and whether it would interfere with any of my other PCI slots. I couldn't find the width spec of a full sized PCI card but, according to wiki, the standard width of a half-length card is 0.6". I couldn't find any specs on the width of the bracket.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are they HDDs or SSDs? If they're SSDs just velcro the to a free panel. For HDDs that bracket would probably work OK, though you could get a basic 2.5->3.5" adapter and velcro IT to a free panel. I've done both on the wall between the PSU and the drives without heat issues.
 
Are they HDDs or SSDs? If they're SSDs just velcro the to a free panel. For HDDs that bracket would probably work OK, though you could get a basic 2.5->3.5" adapter and velcro IT to a free panel. I've done both on the wall between the PSU and the drives without heat issues.

HDDs. They're currently sitting atop a pile of cables just in front of the psu. I know there's plenty of space for me to just secure it to some blank space on the sides with velcro or tape but wanted something a bit nicer. I just can't tell whether the 2 bay would take up two slots or not. If it does take up two slots, I might go the route of buying two of the one bay version that would give me a bit more flexibility in terms of placement.
 
Looking at the picture on the link provided the drive bays appear to take up more space than the PCI slot cover, which indicates to me that it will take up more than one slot.
 
Looking at the picture on the link provided the drive bays appear to take up more space than the PCI slot cover, which indicates to me that it will take up more than one slot.

I saw that but was hoping that might just take up the space between two slot clovers but not actually covering the slot below.
 
Back
Top