• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Albatron GTX bench...

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
6,885
For the bench whores out there.....I use it to test changes in configs...anyway, I think this is a fairly decent score...card clocked to 491/1350 via CoolBits....I am running the card at 480/1300 until I get my Zalman on in a day or two....it has no artifacts after 4 runs of 3DM05 but my temps are hitting 82c...I don't want to take any chance of messing up the card so until I can cool it a bit better....

http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4911350opti0an.jpg
 
Even 480/1300 is a LOT of juice. That added performance might not be worth the temperatures.
 
Shameless Liar said:
Even 480/1300 is a LOT of juice. That added performance might not be worth the temperatures.



Yeah for sure, I will re-evaluate with the new cooler and see where I am at temp wise....

oops...I just checked, I have been playing Far Cry online for almost an hour and a half, clocked at 491/1350 :p Guess it is a stable overclock, no artifacts and very good gameplay.
 
I guess that stability under those temps is a rather good sign, but I would still not allow a card to run for long periods of time at 82C, stable or not. It just can't be a good thing if you know what I mean. :)
 
These cards are pretty much designed to run at 80C so its no big deal. My bfg at stock clocks (460/1300) with the stock heatsink ran at 80C in games. I fitted a zalman now run at about 69-70C at 500/1450.
 
Back
Top