alan wake

I just beat it. The ending was alright but I think Alan Wake 2 will finish up the loose ends.
That was awesome when that dude's face melted. :p

Hopefully they canned it and are working on Max Payne 3 :p

Or better yet, maybe they are working on both.

A rabid fan has collected what little info has been released.

http://brightfalls.net/alan-wake-faq/

Load of crap that site

Lasse Seppänen said:
We're not tied to a schedule, we don't have to aim at a monolithic release date. If we can make a better game by giving it more time, that's the way we'll go. That doesn't mean, however, that we'd mean to be working on Alan Wake five years from now

seriously they really don't know what they are talking abt, and that is suppose to be a quote from teh dev's. Guess this is another game that is over-hyped.

So they are not aiming for a monolithic release date, ie not aiming to release it as one big package. BS!
crock of shite, over-hyped BS

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that this game hasn't been mentioned more often. At the time of Intel's quad core release, this was the game everyone talked about. Today, there's barely anything new about it. Then again, after long waited games such as Crysis, Bioshock and UT3, there's barely any room for a "still in development title" to be hyped, which I guess is a smart move. Either that, or they simply don't have much to show...

Load of crap that site

seriously they really don't know what they are talking abt, and that is suppose to be a quote from teh dev's. Guess this is another game that is over-hyped.

So they are not aiming for a monolithic release date, ie not aiming to release it as one big package. BS!
crock of shite, over-hyped BS
[/i]

Calm down, the info is pulled from the dev blog and event shows the devs attended.;)

It's easy to see why we aren't hearing anything about it. This has happened before. Devs realize they are being too ambitious with graphic/physics features and spend a crapload of time toning things down/waiting/optimizing while waiting for people to get quad core cpus and next gen video cards.

meh. Those movies and screens we've seen won't look like the final game, guaran-fucking-teed. This reminds me of the STALKER dev cycle.

Are we complaining about vaporware or devs actually finishing a game before releasing it?

Now that I'm on the subject I should see if Bioshock is patched yet so I can actually play the fucking thing. :rolleyes:

Are we complaining about vaporware or devs actually finishing a game before releasing it?

Now that I'm on the subject I should see if Bioshock is patched yet so I can actually play the fucking thing. :rolleyes:

No patch. What did you expect ? "Only" 3 months have passed, after the release...:rolleyes:

The game is till being developed for Vista and the Xbox360.

and the game is one of those that "it will be done when its done" titles.

Here is an article that was on Alan wake dated back on 26.10.2007, though the article is in finnish.

Alan Wake Article

here is another article on it dated 27.09.2007, again in finnish.

Alan Wake article from digitoday

I hope you're kidding when you say the PC version was canceled. Isn't these going to be one of the first games to utilize quad-cores?

Cant wait for this baby. Ill have dual 9800 cards and a new processor by the time it comes out.

Alan Wake
You've Got Aids
Yes You've got Aids
Not HIV but Full blown Aids
Yes You've Got Aids.

Sounds awesome. 36 square mile gameworld. 1.2 mile view distance. Probably won't be out until '09. 8800GTX will run it on medium, X360 on low. Should still look fantastic though :D

If it runs as well as it did on that 7900GTX, I'll be happy.

36 sq miles isnt alot.. its just 6miles by 6miles. How big was oblivion?

Friggen huge by comparison. 36 sq miles is like comparing GTA: VC to GTA: SA. It does sound appropriate given that the game takes place in a small town. I want a rich world not some huge one full of trees and crap.

yeah, rumor has it that Alan Wake, Spore, and DNF will be released as a threefor. ;-)

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that this game hasn't been mentioned more often. At the time of Intel's quad core release, this was the game everyone talked about. Today, there's barely anything new about it. Then again, after long waited games such as Crysis, Bioshock and UT3, there's barely any room for a "still in development title" to be hyped, which I guess is a smart move. Either that, or they simply don't have much to show...

Many times overhyping a game is a bad thing :)

Friggen huge by comparison. 36 sq miles is like comparing GTA: VC to GTA: SA. It does sound appropriate given that the game takes place in a small town. I want a rich world not some huge one full of trees and crap.

yeah u're right, it is quite big. Alan wake is 36 sq miles while Oblivion is only 16 sq miles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion

I guess since I don't use fast travel, oblivion feels pretty damn big to me. I sure hope alan wake comes out..

Are they still doing Vista only? That was the most ridiculous idea, cut off the majority of the installed PC userbase, tons of pissed off people who find out when they get home that they can't run the game.

i saw the demo with a quad core last year at the intel forum whereby the engineers at intel were showing how a quad core enhances the overall gaming experience including physics. The game looked awesome, too bad it's getting delayed again and again.

I think there was a recent article on Shacknews that said the developers dont even have a publisher currently.

I think this is going to end up as vaporware, Alan "Duke" Wake.

May run really well on the Phantom console using the spiffy Infinium Labs wireless gaming keyboard and mouse!!!! FTW.:eek:

No patch. What did you expect ? "Only" 3 months have passed, after the release...:rolleyes:

Finally: Posted on 30 November on 2K Forums:

Both the BioShock PC Patch and the 360 Title Update will be available next week. In additon to these fixes, we will be releasing downloadable content free on both Xbox Live and for the PC, with the DLC bundled into the PC Patch. A full list of bug fixes and everything included in the DLC will be put up on the Cult of Rapture when the downloads become available.

I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly Bioshock played pretty well on my comp using XP but just sucked using Vista 64 bit.

they are waiting for 8 core processors to come out so it can run on low-med settings. :D

Back