• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Alan Wake Next Gen Preview (max payne)

FanATIc

Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
718
Just thought some people might be interested in the beginning signs of Next Gen graphic technology. From the makers of Max Payne; remedy.

All lighting/water, etc, is ingame. Coming to Xbox360, PS3, PC. Will debut in the ATI Theater at E3 so im assuming it will be yet another R520 sample. Graphics are nothing short of stunning.

http://www.alanwake.com/teaser.html

Alan_Wake_002.jpg

Alan_Wake_001.jpg
 
Holy crap.
That video was amazing....
I am getting nostalgic...
I mean I love the feeling when new consoles and Video cardscome out that show such power! In that last picture the detail on his clothing is amazing.
 
Thats a pretty short trailer, the polycount doesnt look very much increased (not as much as unreal3 engine) BUT the lighting effects are definitly amazing, and reallity is all about lighting....


I love technology
 
Shogo said:
Thats a pretty short trailer, the polycount doesnt look very much increased (not as much as unreal3 engine) BUT the lighting effects are definitly amazing, and reallity is all about lighting....


I love technology

yeah the poly count is never to high in Remedy's engines, but everything else looks great. Definetly something to watch for.
 
I think the lightning and ambience looks nice...but overall it doesn't stun...the graphics DO look good, don't get me wrong...but it doesn't have that "twisted metal on playstation 1 to splinter cell:chaos theory for Xbox" graphics leap....the poly count looks like it can be simply and easily emulated on Xbox, and some of the textures (look at his collar and that street signal sign thingy) look bland....honestly, the street signal looks like an object pulled directly from Rallisport Challenge on Xbox....this is the NEXT GENERATION!!! I want that street signal to have specular maps and bump maps and crazy reflection detail all over it! But overall, the shots do look good...just not that leap that you saw when transitioning from the PS1 generation to the Xbox generation....it looks like it couls be done on a Xbox 1.5 (just an example of what I'm talking about).......not the real next gen Xbox or PS3...I don't know...it doesn't have the " :eek: " effect on me..... :eek: :(
 
Back
Top