Alan Wake 2

Yup just completed episode 1, probably do 2 and 3 tomorrow. Good fun, although it reminded me one of the reason I did not like AW2 in terms of artistic styling, the colour grading is washed out most of the time, some areas like the house's living room you first encounter looks fine, but other areas have this "look" to them, almost twilight zone?

View: https://youtu.be/teT2E9JUVT4

1717896047528.jpeg

1717896060763.jpeg

1717896068043.jpeg

1717896077355.jpeg

although it reminded me one of the reason I did not like AW2 in terms of artistic styling, the colour grading is washed out most of the time, some areas like the house's living room you first encounter looks fine, but other areas have this "look" to them, almost twilight zone?

isn't that intentional?...aren't they going for a specific retro/noire/dreamscape look?

The other 2 episodes are much better for the visuals, better than the base game in ways too. I notice the shadows are higher fidelity now, not sure if that has something to do with the updated DLSS files for RR/SR and FG (I manually updated to 3.7 and 3.7.1 and am using Preset E for everything). They are essentially perfect shadow rendering and soften or harden depending on how close you move to or from a light source. There is only one other game I have seen where shadows are this precise and that's Still Wakes the Deep which is UE5.3.

Hopefully other devs take note as this is how lighting and shadow is done, the fact that we now see it done this well in both a UE5 and a bespoke engine AAA title means nobody else has any excuse, and one of those devs is a small indie too.

Yup just completed episode 1, probably do 2 and 3 tomorrow. Good fun, although it reminded me one of the reason I did not like AW2 in terms of artistic styling, the colour grading is washed out most of the time, some areas like the house's living room you first encounter looks fine, but other areas have this "look" to them, almost twilight zone?

View: https://youtu.be/teT2E9JUVT4

View attachment 658701

View attachment 658702

View attachment 658703

View attachment 658704

Oh is that the creepy girl from the Restaurant who asks the cop about her baby.

I'm going to be so poor buying all these recent games so I might have to weed out the best of the best . Purchased the Alan Wake DLC for 10.00 after Epic points and the sale.

The RT patch is now out, but don't get excited, it is a completed poor implementation fit only for consoles, not PC.

For some reason the Epic store page for Alan Wake 2 (and the DLC) is unavailable in New Zealand. I am super keen to buy the DLC and the only response from Epic/Remedy is that it is a 'technical issue'. Its already been a few weeks. :(

Looks like the DLC is bugged. If you try and read something it will lock you into it. So each time you read something you have to exit the game and replay 10-15 minutes of gameplay. The problem is some of it is necessary so when that happens you can't progress. I'd give the DLC a 0/10 because of it.

Back