• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AKG K 26 P

dchrsf

Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
842
How are these headphones? Does anyone have them? What are the pros and cons of them. I read review(s), but need some real world info if anyone has input on them.

I just ordered them last night, and will be here friday, or monday. I was looking for somthing cheap, but quality for my first real pair of closed cans, so if I get hooked on this headphone thing I can get somthing better knowing what the baseline cheap vs. better quality cans will be.

How did I do for the $50~ catagory? Headphone.com said these are really good for the price. http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/40-80/akg-k-26-p.php
 
Pro's:
Pretty good bass.
Rugged & well built.
Collapsible.


Cons:
The pads on the top of the headband are kind of annoying.
The headband likes to grab your hair.
The headband always snaps back to the smallest position when you take them off.
Poor sound balance.
They tend to make your ears hurt after an hour or so.
 
Thanks alot, I do appreciate it. Just what I was looking for :)

I guess I will be expecting some of the cons then when they arrive, but I'm going to try to give them a good listen and try before thinking too bad of them.

They will be replacing my sony (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...BV_EngineID=ccdcaddigmmegjgcfngcfkmdffhdfif.0) phones that originally replaced my stock sandisk MP3 player buds. So, I should have a healthy boost overall. I mean those crackle and sound bad after using them for maybe a month, so I couldnt imagine anything worse for $50.
 
i have them, great for mp3 usage, Good bass repsonse, they get loud without distortion, great for the price.
 
Yeahh!! They just arrived, and I love them!

Ok, they were really small to what I expected (thought they were the type the covered your whole ear with room to spare like earmuffs), but the outer ring of the pad does go around the outside of the ear, and are comfortable, but kind of "push" on your ear a little too much causing a feeling of pressure, almost like going too deep in a pool or like your flying in an airplane. But you get used to them, and part of the pressure is I guess isolation because I just vacumed the house with them on, and the vacume sounded like a faint roar in the background. It was great. Oh, and you defiently cant have a conversation with them on. You have to YELL, standing next to someone to be able to hear that muffled voice peeping through.

The bass as people say is strong, and sounds almost like a subwoofer in your ear. Very powerful, and always sounding good. These also DONT compared to any other cheapie retail phones i've had (sony street styles I linked before, etc), and are very loud and more powerful compared. I havent even tried full volume on my MP3 yet, and dont want to! I think my eardrums would hurt!

Very good phones, and while the $50 may seem a little high, they are good quality, and actually dont get caught in my hair. I see what you mean when you say they can however, because if you can see in this picture the very top of the headphones have 2 layers of metal and may get caught in someones hair, but not mine. Then again, I just got a haircut.

I can really see myself on the bus with these not even knowing people are talking while jamming. I have listened to Eminem, DMX, Brotha Lynch, Bone Thugs, and some 2Pac on them, but since my MP3 batts are charging, havent had a chance put rock on the mp3, and havent had a chance to plug them into my PC and play rock. I think rap best describes the soundstage of a speaker or headphone because they have lots of high treble with the beats, and low bass. Mid is the voice. I'm sure they will Rock though, when playing it of course.

CSS on them sounds very deep and does not have many highs to the sound, so I dont really like them for gaming, but I do have my Winamp heavily EQed with iZotope Ozone plugin, and My MP3 was on a Rock preset. Windows sound itself isnt EQed at all, so that may explain the CSS issue. So I think EQing these helps alot, Anyways anything not EQed for me sounds too muffled and non dynamic.

Oh, I didnt get any pads on top of the band, so I must have a different revision.
 
Oh, I didnt get any pads on top of the band, so I must have a different revision


This image will show the pads I was referring to. ;)

0020120026_964.jpg
 
Ah, Thought you ment at VERY top.

To me they are pretty comfortable. But opinions are opinions :)
 
Back
Top