AK Designs Octane Chair $50 off now only $100@Bbuy

I'm gonna head down there and see how it feels later.

I've been looking for a new chair.

Looks pretty nice for back support, but the arm rests look hard. I like padded armrests. Can anyone confirm whether the arms rests are padded/cushy or rather hard?

let me know how it feels, i also might go and take a look, but im pretty satisfied with my leather chair. i think i could use a more firm chair. i was hoping to use the 12% off coupon, but damn they don't have chairs listed. anyways nice find.

The chair is incredibly AWESOME, especially if you have hardwood floors. Adjustable (cushioned) armrests too, iirc.

Title should read:
"AK Designs Octane Chair No Longer Overpriced!"

Does anybody know how hot this chair gets? I get really annoyed by my leather chair because I generate a lot of body heat and I get really hot in leather chairs. Whats the material like as far as heat goes?

-A

I love my Octane. Does a good job staying cool too. Three way adjustable armrests are great as well.

same here this is a kick butt chair

and since it has my initials in it helps just a tad ;) Its like its been personally monogrammed

i have a nice mesh one from officemax.. but i get the feeling that its gonna wear out soon... so i might pick one of these up and stick it in my closet for a while...

Damn, all the stores around my area say its unavailable for pick-up. Anyone know if there are any promotions/coupons for free shipping? I'm getting $21.12 for shipping (Ground) to MA.

I bit, still in stock in So Cal in a couple places. Mine is on order for pick-up in Mission Viejo.

I think the deal has ended.. I checked the page before I left for lunch and it was $99.. I got there and it showed as $129.99 (149-$20). I paid and was just going to print the $99 page and bring the reciept but the guy at the door actually asked how much it rang for and told me to goto customer service. She gave me my $38 back and I left. I just checked the site now that I got back to work, and it says $129 there now too.

I had this chair sitting in my cart and the fuckers at Best Buy jacked the price up 30 bucks while I thought about buying it.

So, this hot deal is not so hot anymore.

what kinda shit is that, now $130, a day later, wtf? WEAK!!!

anyways with reviews it only confirmed my need. damnit, damn u bestbuy damn u!!!

just got off phone with a store rep. if i had proof it was $100 yesterday they said they would honor otherwise it is $130 now, man thats some weak shit! had i only printed it.

dwilson041781 said:

anyways with reviews it only confirmed my need. damnit, damn u bestbuy damn u!!!

just got off phone with a store rep. if i had proof it was $100 yesterday they said they would honor otherwise it is $130 now, man thats some weak shit! had i only printed it.
I wish I had printed it also. I was going to buy this chair, but with the way Best Buy has been dicking me around lately, and this sudden price change I'm not buying it now. I'd rather give my 130 bucks to a homeless person and get nothing back in return then give it to Best Buy at this point.

dwilson041781 said:

Just print it now and photoshop it.

cold as an ice, I called them up just to make sure if i can still get it for the hot price before :D nope, oh well one can only hope....stupid shopping cart

nobi125 said:
Just print it now and photoshop it.

lol i thought of that. just not sure how good a job i could do. :p

call me unethical whatever, im gonna give it a try, thats $50 in my gas tank, luckily i dont drive a SUV.(seriously what changed in 1 day?)

I am pondering allowing you guys to use a copy of my receipt and go "well my friend in PA ordered it today and he only paid $89.99" type of thing.

malingjc said:
I am pondering allowing you guys to use a copy of my receipt and go "well my friend in PA ordered it today and he only paid $89.99" type of thing.
print it out.. I've done that in the past. I'll have my cousin scan me receipts of stuff and I'll go into the store and pricematch. :D

any official scans of receipt whether $89 or $99, would def help getting for the price, and i wouldnt have to use photoshopped pic. :p

PM me with your email addr. It's in a MDI (Office 2003) printout format so you may have to download a viewer.

edit: nevermind, I made it a JPG

iseedeadpeople said:
hey how about me? did you send one out for me too? i'm in california, will it work?

Yes, yes, and depends on the store and the manager. You probably want to practice pronouncing your "friend's" name before you go in, in case they ask to verify.

gmail is sssssssssssslllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! your message hasn come through yet.... :mad:

Can I get a copy to please :)

chair.jpg

Like I said, PM me. I might have gotten $10 off because I used a best buy credit card - you might not get that, but maybe you will.

Herman Miller Aeron or Leather Equa II is my choice...

Get what you paid for.

Update: Got "best-buyed" by my two local stores who claim thay don't pm any .com even their own... Will try again this weekend if I have time. YMMV.

They roped me in as well. Saw it this morning and went before class. They changed the price and the manager wouldn't budge even with the printout I had form my cache which made me late btw.

close to 150 after tax, ill pass and rock this 40 dollar staples chair till a better deal comes
:)

anybody going to try and pick it up for 99.99+tax? with the help of a scanned receipt a photoshoped print out, i'm heading out to bb and see what i can come up with, worst case would be a "NO" and thats it...

Back