Double Jesus
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2002
- Messages
- 1,209
hey,
A friend of mine has an AIW 16pro or something like that (32 meg ver.) and he can no longer capture video using the ati software provided in the mmc under winxp. In win98 he used to have a capture button that was in the ati control panel that sat on the desktop (hidden) along with a tv button and a few others. The button does not appear in the control panel under windows xp for him. (When i say control panel, i don't mean under the display properties, nor do I mean the icon in the taskbar, I'm talking about the little menu that is on the desktop that only appears when you hover over with the mouse). Anyway, I found a cheap AIW9700pro that I'm going to give to him IF it will provide the functionality he wants.
Now I know that he can still capture using different software and the capture drivers, I used premier on his computer and tried to show him how to use it but he preferred some of the features the ATI software provided and it was much easier to use. He's an older guy so I don't think he wants to learn to use something like premier or some other crap program. Can anyone tell me if the AIW9700pro will provide this button? Can you post a screenshot of your desktop menu thingy for me?
Thanks in advance!!
A friend of mine has an AIW 16pro or something like that (32 meg ver.) and he can no longer capture video using the ati software provided in the mmc under winxp. In win98 he used to have a capture button that was in the ati control panel that sat on the desktop (hidden) along with a tv button and a few others. The button does not appear in the control panel under windows xp for him. (When i say control panel, i don't mean under the display properties, nor do I mean the icon in the taskbar, I'm talking about the little menu that is on the desktop that only appears when you hover over with the mouse). Anyway, I found a cheap AIW9700pro that I'm going to give to him IF it will provide the functionality he wants.
Now I know that he can still capture using different software and the capture drivers, I used premier on his computer and tried to show him how to use it but he preferred some of the features the ATI software provided and it was much easier to use. He's an older guy so I don't think he wants to learn to use something like premier or some other crap program. Can anyone tell me if the AIW9700pro will provide this button? Can you post a screenshot of your desktop menu thingy for me?
Thanks in advance!!