AIW Issues

Alyosha

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a hold of an old AIW Radeon (PCI 7200) which I just added into my system below. Graphicly it works fine, I'm running my second moniter off it right now. I can't get the AIW functions to work though, which is the reason I installed it.

To install the card I uninstalled catalyst 3.10 drivers, installed new card and then re-installed cat 3.10s with both cards in. No problems there, everything was detected right and no errors occured.

When I install multi-media center it gives me a compatibility error saying that the AIW is not the primary display device. Then, when trying to access the TV function, it looks as though it wasn't even installed. I tried re-installing to manually select that the TV feature be installed and it was not given as an option in the component list. I tried upgrading to MMC 8.8 (or whatever the newest one is) and was able to select the TV feature to be installed, but when I try to start it from the start menu, nothing happens.

Anyway, this is becoming painfully detailed so I'll stop here. Anyone have any ideas?

Come on now, I know somebody knows.

Anyway, what I'm finding out is that the Capture/WDM drivers aren't installing right. I run the program and it doesn't actually install anything, it just goes through the motions. I've tried to manually install the devices on the card (there are about 10 separate things that need to install ie. ATI Rage theater chip, ATI TV tuner, Audio crossover bar...) but windows doesn't want to do anything with the unpacked driver files. Any ideas?

Oh ya, I just installed the 4.1 drivers today too.

Back