AIW in shuttle

XBLiNKX

[H]ard|Gawd
will a 9600 AIW fit and have enough power in a SN41G2 ok? Anyone have any experience with this?

The AIW 9600 only takes up one slot so fitting shouldn't be an issue. It also doesn't need a power connector so the standard voltage you get from the AGP slot should be just fine. It also doesn't produce much heat. You shouldn't have any problems with it in a SFF PC.

Hi there

I have a shuttle sk41g, (the one with the via kt266 chipset) with an AIW radeon, the original 32mb one in my HTPC. which fits ok. I looked into upgradinging it into a AIW 9600, read the reviews which came about on the web a few months ago and found out that the early shuttles like mine and i think yours will not accomodate the 9600, its down to the FM aerial connector on the back of the card, i'm going to have a look at all the old reviews and try and find out where i read it.

best regards

The dog

Many of the initial AIW9600 Pro reviews were wrong. The AIW9600 Pro does fit in Shuttle SFF XPCs (but not the Biostar, or Soltek) due to the mounting bracket. It just takes patience and some wiggling to get it in. Also you need to remove the drive cage and most obstructions to slide it in gently.

Good Luck!

Back