AIW 9800 & buzzing in speakers

the@ntipop

Gawd
Hi, I recently bought a retail AIW 9800 Pro and am using CD audio to connect the TV audio to my board. Since then I've been getting a noticeable buzz in my speakers or headphones which is really annoying. To test I opened my box while playing UT2k4 and yanked the CD audio cable out of the card and it stopped. Has anyone else had this happen or is this a non-insulated cable or (worse) Shuttle audio issue. I've never had this happen before I started using CD audio and it doesn't happen if I use the audio in jack on the front of my box. Thanks for any insights.

I get the same type of buzzing on my Video Wonder VE , I think it might be the sound card. I have a intergreted sound card on my mobo. Might just be the quality of the line in.

I heard of something similar to this, only it was the hum of his harddrive he could hear in his speakers/headphones..

I think my problem is more similiar to what pistola sees. Also what is REALLy weird, is that the pitch of the buzz gets higher the more FPS I get! It's really odd but that part is kinda cool. When 3dmark runs, it sounds like an engine revving up and down, but still pretty quiet.

you need to mute your line-in for playback. This is a common problem.

Make sure you don't mute line-in for record though, you'll have video with no sound. :D

When 3dmark runs, it sounds like an engine revving up and down, but still pretty quiet.

Lol, I get that too when I run 3dmark03. Always puzzled me what was doing it. Shrug I just learned to live with it, I don't notice any sounds when gaming (I crank my speakers).

Back