• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Airplane intake fans?

Asazman

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 6, 2002
Messages
4,316
I've seen these around, I know if the search worked I could find it....but does anyone know where I can find a fan that looks like an airplane intake? Thanks!
 
most of the ones I have seen where modded useing a regular fans, and a cone made of different material (styrofoam, nose cone for a model rocket, etc.)
 
I don't think that they make these, you have to mod them. Its not too hard esp. if you have a model/hobby shop nearby that you can get supplys. need a rocket nose cone, or a front spinner cone for props.
 
turbine.jpg


RC plane propellor nose cone, shortened a bit, glued to the hub of a panaflo fan.

There's a 2-1/2yr-old thread about it. :)
 
You might be talking about a different type of fan called a "squirrel-cage" fan, because it looks a little like a stationary hamster wheel. My cousin has several, but none are for computers. They do produce incredible airflow, however.

-SEAL
 
Originally posted by SEALTeamSix
You might be talking about a different type of fan called a "squirrel-cage" fan, because it looks a little like a stationary hamster wheel. My cousin has several, but none are for computers. They do produce incredible airflow, however.

-SEAL

i got one for the putermachine
 
here, get one of these, then do any sort of variation you want for the fan itself.

here
 
I've been a longtime fan of his work - all his mods are top-notch. As a matter of fact, I've been waiting for Excalibur to be complete for months. The dual-front 120mm fans will sure blow (air).

-SEAL
 
Originally posted by penguin
Umm...
Squirrel Cage Blowers for PCs linkage :D

http://www.svc.com/cenblowducfa.html

Yeah, those are just blowers. But if you look at their ratings, they don't produce the same amount of air-pushing as a regular fan of their size. They're just better because they'd be position sideways.

120mm Sunon Blower - 49.7cfm
120mm Sunon Fan - 111.2cfm

Big difference :)
 
Back
Top