Aironet 1250 and 802.11n

MagnuM2K

n00b
Hi

I'm trying to configure a Cisco Aironet 1250 AP with 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz antennae.

It is running in Autonomous mode and I would like to configure the 5 Ghz antenna to operate at 802.11n 300 Mbps mode.

Is there someone with a working config or familiar with these AP that can help?

I've searched Cisco website and googled the net without much success.

Thanks

I've already taken a look at that site and downloaded the PDF. I haven't had much success.

I've set the Channel width to Above 40 Mhz, but the 1250 Webgui is very complex when configuring it.

I know my Lenovo T61p can handle 802.11n, as I immediately hop onto my Belkin router at home at 300 Mbps.

I've already taken a look at that site and downloaded the PDF. I haven't had much success.

I've set the Channel width to Above 40 Mhz, but the 1250 Webgui is very complex when configuring it.

I know my Lenovo T61p can handle 802.11n, as I immediately hop onto my Belkin router at home at 300 Mbps.

What is the exact problem you are seeing? Use the CLI, and make sure you go through most of the 802.11n configuration setps(like 2 I think). Also, check out the configuring SSID's section as I have seen this cause many people problems. They think their wireless isn't working because they can't see the SSID or its not active. Also make sure that you're configuring the right radio.

Both radios are working fine and I can connect at 54 Mbps 802.11g. The 1250 is configured and working. I'm just trying to get 802.11n working.

Both radios are working fine and I can connect at 54 Mbps 802.11g. The 1250 is configured and working. I'm just trying to get 802.11n working.
When you're under the webgui, do you see the 802.11n radio under your active interfaces? Literally all you have to do is select to to operate as an access point.

Actually, it required a little more.. I found the info on the Intel site for my wireless card drivers. For 802.11n to work, you need to enable AES CCM cipher.

Actually, it required a little more.. I found the info on the Intel site for my wireless card drivers. For 802.11n to work, you need to enable AES CCM cipher.

Only if you plan on encrypting your wireless traffic. AES CCM is the default when you setup WPA2 on cisco AP's not TKIP if memory serves me correctly. Guess the problem was indeed with your laptop.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solution..._80211n_design_and_deployment_guidelines.html
Check it, a good read as well.

Actually, I had to enable it on the AP. I don't recall if it was default config. But I've had it running for months now only on TKIP.

If it wasn't for the "hint" on the Intel site, I would have never though to enable it.

I'll need to check my home router setup and see if I have it enabled there too. I may have enabled it at some point and it worked. I was actually surprised that it did.

That is when I started questioning my AP setup here, as it seemed so simple to make it work at home, while Aironet 1250 wasn't giving me the same satisfaction.

Still happy I have these AP though.. Just need to make tweaks of their config.

Back