Airflow Silverstone GD05B in TV Stand

yowen

Gawd
Hey, I was wondering about this. I took a look at the shelves on my entertainment center and noticed they are fully enclosed on all sides but the front.

Since the GD05B blows are out the side and out the back, That wouldn't exactly be great for airflow... Would I get away with this or should I modify my entertainment center?

I have been running my computer w/o a case up till this point, but will be getting the case delivered today from Amazon (great deal on it right now btw, $70). This is regarding the i5 system in my sig.

This is the tv stand I have:
http://www.target.com/p/Room-Essent...Espresso/-/A-12193616#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

To answer my own question, I tried it last night, not a good idea. I need to drill airholes in this thing...

While running bf3 my processor got up to 79C, I'd like to keep it a little lower, lol.

Had the same issue with my comp desk. I ended up cutting out a 120mm hole in the back and installing a fan sucking air out. Works great and lights up blue :p

I have a tv stand, which has 2 shelves. My htpc is on the second shelf, right underneath the tv. I had to cut out the back portion of the shelf to allow for decent airflow, otherwise it got rather toasty.

Cut a hole and then add some colour matched mesh behind it so it's still pure of awesome.

Back