Aircard booster antenna

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I'll only be able to access broadband from an ISP that provides unlimted 3G via Sprint's towers.

Problem is, my home is has only "fair" Sprint reception, with a chunk of dark green "good" coverage down the street. The ISP provides an Aircard, modem, and their own booster antenna. Is there a way to make a more powerful antenna that I can mount outside on the roof or on a pole? If not, where's a good place to purchase one?

Also, if anyone can tell me what it's like to game on a 3G connection, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I should also mention that I currently have a yagi style antenna I get fixed wireless on. My ISP has shown no interest in regaining this equipment when they discontinue service ao I assume I can use it.

It's connected to a radio reciever that allows me to access internet. Could I use it on an aircard?

Also, thanks for that site. But little did I know that I have everything I need locally... I hope.

I will be recyling the three foot Yagi from my current install and connecting it to my Aircard via ten feet of LMR-400 coaxial cable. Will this help my reception?

Nevermind. I called my local DSL provider - CenturyLink - and laid down a royal bitch.

Not an hour later, they called and informed me a work order had been filed to extend DSL service this way. I don't expect it to be very fast, but honestly, anything is better than the alternatives.

Back