Air Flow Pro kit.

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Just got it in today. The install, while not super easy, wasnt that bad. I had a little less room to work with than most though. Some notes

I did have to remount it a few times to make sure it was on tight and ensure that none of the wires were poking out and possibly causing trouble for the Airflow Ram fan or my radiator fans.

Also, the instructions don't say to fish the wires through the hole in the ram fan clip (as shown below) so i had to remove the setup again to re run the lines. Do you have to do it that way? Not really, but i think it makes for a cleaner install that way, keeps the wires from poking out too much as the lengths of wire they give you are fairly long. Although, in one of the install photos on the corsair manual, it shows a photo side view with the lines running through it (you do kinda have to zoom in to see it though) manual here: http://www.corsair.com/products/airflowpro/Airflow Pro QSG.pdf

Install pics and bootup action video below.

AFP1of6.jpg

AFP2of6.jpg

AFP3of6.jpg

AFP4of6.jpg

Very little clearance left in front of my mid section 120mm rad fan.
AFP5of6.jpg

AFP6of6.jpg

Bootup LED action vid (note ignore those laser beams things showing on the video, its just this crappy camera video introducing those flares.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBleG-QLvnQ

So uh...what's it do? Other than turn your case into a Daft Punk music video I mean.

Fairly sure it's showing real-time (or close to real time, not real-real time obviously) RAM usage. Like the BallistX Tracers kits used to.

EDIT: Yep, also monitors temperature apparently.

Looks like the connectors / cables would make that a huge pain in the ass if you were using all 6 RAM slots.

So uh...what's it do? Other than turn your case into a Daft Punk music video I mean.

lol, good analogy, im glad im a daft punk fan.

And yes, its temps through the color changing LED (exact science? not quite) and memory usage. Ill have to try a run through memtest with it but overall i like the effects/look. Only wish it was cheaper. $50 bucks isnt cheap, but im sure it should be cheaper at other retailers (got mine direct from corsair)

Last edited:
I'd say $50 is actually kind of crazy for what amounts to some plastic, a simple circuit board and a lot of LEDs.

Back