air conditioned computer

boredguyatcomp

Limp Gawd
anyone else here think it would be fun to air condition your pc? i was thinking about getting a case and trying to build a small air conditioner into it. if you have considered doing this and have done so or havent, list why.

Actually a company produced an air condtioned case, but the reviews said it was too loud?
i think it used some sort of peltier?
too tired to hunt for links, sorry

yeah ive seen the case i just wanted to do some modding. when you mod you can brag about it when u buy not much to brag about. :)

theyangster said:
Actually a company produced an air condtioned case, but the reviews said it was too loud?
i think it used some sort of peltier?
too tired to hunt for links, sorry

peltier = not real a/c

Want some air conditioning? Here is mine...lol

The Air Conditioner Vent
Picture002.jpg

The Cooler Device in action, Used from an old Shoebox, with some creative stapling, coating with foil, and hotgluing the creases...
Picture001.jpg

Inside View of Cooler
Picture004.jpg

Maybe I should patent this thing ;)

Roliath said:
haha!
How much does it help the temps??

Usually about 10 degrees....it really helps my graphics card cool down alot..I never go about 45degrees celcius running games for two hours or more....it is defintely a cheap way of bringing down the temps :cool:

P.S. have you ever seen one of these lights? they change between eight or so colors, fluently, I thought it was pretty cool, i think it is from sharper image, I usually turn it off at night, because the Blue light is bright

Instead of an air conditioning unit, would it be possible to implement some sort of heat exchanger?

Actually, come to think about it, a regenerative type exchanger could be implemented in a water cooling resevoir, but that would only replace a radiator, not acomplish true air conditioning.

Actually, I probably am makng no sense whatsoever. Pleas disregard.

*starts staring at ceiling*

Viper16 said:
Want some air conditioning? Here is mine...lol

The Air Conditioner Vent
Picture002.jpg

Maybe I should patent this thing ;)

If you plan to keep your pc there forever, then you should open a hole for an intake fan right smack onthe bottom of the pc, ad maybe a another one on top. :cool:

Goat_187 said:
If you plan to keep your pc there forever, then you should open a hole for an intake fan right smack onthe bottom of the pc, ad maybe a another one on top. :cool:

Lol, yeah it would be kinda cool for a 120mm under the case...

no condensation would happen on the cold rad of the a/c...

i have a cheap $80 a/c that i might use but there would still be water buildup from condensation on the rad

be on the lookout for this mod later on this year, its gonna be my first mod ;)

i got to thinking and (correct me if im wrong) but condensation occurs when something is colder then the air around it and your parts wouldnt be cooler then the air around em so wouldnt you think that condensation wouldnt be a problem?

woot woot

I win! Hahahaha.....

Yeah, I thought I had a cooling problem when it was infact a RAM compatibility issue... :p :(

goobernoodles said:

woot woot

I win! Hahahaha.....

Yeah, I thought I had a cooling problem when it was infact a RAM compatibility issue... :p :(

Would that duct even help one bit :p with those huge gaps between the case and the shredded fedex box :D

goobernoodles said:
woot woot

I win! Hahahaha.....

SWEET....That makes two of us! LOL PUT A couple of stickers on'er and she'll cool your comp down!! Oh and giver her a name....they work better that way! :D

boredguyatcomp said:
i got to thinking and (correct me if im wrong) but condensation occurs when something is colder then the air around it and your parts wouldnt be cooler then the air around em so wouldnt you think that condensation wouldnt be a problem?
Unfortunately, in this forum we obey the laws of thermodynamics, so that doesn't really hold up. :p The parts generate heat, so they will always be warmer than the air surrounding them(at least in this case, when we are using cold air to remove heat from the parts). There is a possibility of condensation on the outside of the case, but that shouldn't cause any major problems.

I like Eulogy's idea sounds easiest and cheapest for me =)

P.S. Anyone got some lapy mods for cooling or is everyone scared to touch their 1500 dollar machine :(

Back