Air circulation question

micah

Limp Gawd
In my case I have 5 case fans plus the PS fans. 2 coming in 2 going out and 1 coming in the side then the PS blowing out also.
2 of the intake fans the one in the side and one in front are tt2 smart fans.
Now my problem is this. If I put on the side cover that has a fan in it my temperature runs about 40c now. If I take if off and lean it so that it is still blowing into the case my temps drop back down to 37c like it was before I changed 2 fans for the smart fans.
I have tried taking the one in the front and switching it for one in the back so that I have 1 smart fan and 1 reg fan blowing out and 2 reg and the smart fan in the side blowing in.
No matter how I do it it still runs about 40c (cpu temp that is) and if I take the side cover off it drops to around 37c.

So my question is could my fan blowing into the side be in the wrong place or something ? It comes in between the CPU and video card it looks to me. It came like that from the factory.
But could it be blowing in and effecting the fan on my cpu in some way ? You can see below I have the SK-7 with a smart fan on it also turn on high full time.

This problem only just started last week when I added the 2 smart fans as case fans. I wanted to be able to move more air threw the case and thought this was a good way to do it. This way I could turn them down when I did not need the high flow and turn them up when I do like in playing games and such or trying to clock higher.

I took out just the regular factory fans that came with the case. They was just cheap clear fans. I know they had a lot less air flow than the tt2 smart fans but figured that would only help not hurt.
Has anyone ever heard of a side fan hurting the temps because it was effecting the CPU fan in some way ?

Tomorrow I plan on taking the side fan and switching it for one of the regular clear fans and see what happens. But I would think the more air blowing on the board the better. And it also sort of force feeding the CPU fan some and you would think that would help also instead of hurting it.

Bump this to the top as it was getting way down and no replies.

I have switched fans around some and still have the same problem. I just do not get it I used to have lower temps with less air flow. Same fan on CPU and even with the same fan in the side spot I still get the low temperatures with the side cover on.

Nothing has changed but more air flow threw the case and add the MSI FX5900XT from a GF4 440 8X. I know this card put out more heat but figured that the extra flow threw the case would more than make up for the difference. I had the 440 a lot overclocked so it was running real hot. And do not have this card overclocked much yet so it is not that hot.

Anyway if anyone can give me a idea on what is going on that would be great. I know it is only 3c I am talking about and am still at a low temp on CPU if 40c. But I am the type of person that likes to have things as cool as I can on air. And just can not understand this raise in temperature in this thing.

Back