AIO Closed Loop vs Custom Open loop..

Wrong. Don't take my word for it.

https://youtu.be/SnMeoV95TM0?t=171

http://www.cpcworldwide.com/productlist.aspx?Series=23

You're still missing the point. I merely suggested to the OP this product, given he might want to add a GPU loop. Let me simplify it more for you.

The extra $100 or so you pay for the EK is for the QDC ($30+), better quality parts, 360 vs 240/280 with a 3rd Varder fan (one of the best hsp fans), and upgradability.

As an engineer, I don't have to explain to you that a 360 rad (38mm) is going to dissipate more heat than a 240 (30mm), especially when yours is made from aluminum rather than copper. So without wasting my time on this thread more than I should have with numbers, read and learn that copper + bigger rad + larger tubing + faster flow rate is going to dissipate more heat for higher TDPs. I have 60C on full load. At 5.0GHz, 1.42v, I was around 66C. Eat it and enjoy. I'm done with this thread.

lol if your an engineer you failed thermal dynamics or anything to do with heat transfer.

Please so tell how a 360 rad is going to remove more heat then my 240 when my 240 is at equilibrium!!! I have stated that countless times that my 240 rad is already at equilibrium or at worse case 1-2 C off. Assuming worse case 1-2 C is not going to make a night and day difference, which again those review show! So again I have pointed out this for like the 3/4th time yet you keep repeating it.

So you tested your EK at 220 W TDP static for at least enough time to get level temps like 5 or 10 mins? You got 60C? Got a screen shot? I would love to know how yours is performing so much better then review samples, which are cherry picked. What are ambient temps? What are your in and out water temps? Again your not giving shit worth of info. I have provided detail numbers and I would be glad to reproduce them and video tape it.

So truly prove it. Reviews from creditable places say otherwise so show me the FACTS...details.

Anyways Warlust I will wait to eat this magically proof when you give it. Prove me wrong. Prove that I rather buy that AIO then go custom. I am not going to throw away 250 bucks because of made up garbage. Prove it. Prove that AIO is sufficient and I don't need to go custom.

EDIT:BTW that Linus or whoever that is review was garbage. I saw nothing proving shit and he said he had worse case idle 45C...ok wtf does that mean. I have idle of like 15C so blah blah but thats fucking meaningless. You obviously have nothing useful to add.

This is called useful information if you didn't know what that meant:
Update: Testing Enermax TwiserStorm fans at 2500 RPM looking at rad temps
Rad temps at idle:
40-45 W TDP
CPU at 14-18C
Basement at ~20C according to IR gun
Rad at 22.5C input and ~21C output

Rad at full load:
~208 W TDP
CPU at 67-80C
Basement at ~20C according to IR gun
Rad at ~31C at input and ~22C at exit so this rad and fan is essentially100% cooling the water before return. I can actually use the IR gun and map the loop in rad

yea yea...i used my IR gun for 2 reasons. 1 consistency. 2 I didn't want to bother with my USB temp/humidity thing because this was for my own use but posted for others info.

Last edited:
My bad, they're about the same price (you can get a bag of 10 for about $140, so $14 ea.). It looked like it was all plastic, which is why I thought it was cheap. Not sure why you linked the youtube video, so I didn't watch it.

it was for me or at least i thought it was. Maybe it was for you about linus (i think thats who it was) talking about how epic those QDC are.

Back