AIM Memory leak?

demografik

[H]ard|Gawd
I've noticed that AIM seems to cause some kind of "memory leak." Whenever I've had it open for several hours and am actively using my computer, it will randomly cause problems like I'll open IE, and it will have no "File Edit View.." menu or just not open at all. Note: This isn't just with IE, it's just an example.

I will have to close and restart AIM, usually having to close an IM or two before the right click menu for the icon in the system tray will come up. Also, Chat Rooms and right clicking repetedly (It's a habit) in the send message box speeds up this tendency.

This problem has spanned over several versions of AIM, several Formats, and 2 Hard Drives. With or without Deadaim and two Strips of RAM (Corsair 512 pc2100 and Corsair 512 xms2700, I don't have the RAM in my sig yet.)

Any ideas?

No. I've tried every alternative. I didn't like them. Besides that, I want a solution, not a detour.

I don't know if there is a solution other than switching programs or dealing with it. That or you could just restart more often. I like both Trillian and Gaim myself.

Back