AIBs that allow warranty transfers

eddieck

Gawd
So far I know of Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and XFX (one warranty transfer and no GTX 400 cards). Anyone know of other AIBs that sell GTX 400 cards that allow warranty transfer, whether it's just one or unlimited? I don't care about the length of the warranty (as long as it's reasonable - 2-3 years) as much as the transfer policies.

AFAIK, only XFX supports the transfer. The reason is it's so hard to get an RMA out of them they don't have to worry about it.

AFAIK, only XFX supports the transfer. The reason is it's so hard to get an RMA out of them they don't have to worry about it.

Incorrect. Asus, Gigabyte and MSI seem to allow it, although you don't "transfer" it through them. They just use the serial number to determine when the warranty expires without any of the registration bullshit.

I was just curious if any other AIBs do, like Galaxy, PNY, Sparkle, Palit, etc.

Incorrect. Asus, Gigabyte and MSI seem to allow it, although you don't "transfer" it through them. They just use the serial number to determine when the warranty expires without any of the registration bullshit.

I was just curious if any other AIBs do, like Galaxy, PNY, Sparkle, Palit, etc.

I like that actually, you dont have to worry about receipt since they go buy manufacturing date. I personally think that lot of manufacture that allow you to register simply hope that you loose the reciept, and they wont rma anything without the reciept. Atleast on EVGA site you can upload your reciept to their server so you dont have to worry about loosing it. I have tried my best to hold on to as many reciepts as I can but I always end up loosing a few.

slightly off-topic but what does AIB mean? i see this thrown around a lot and i dunno

Back