AI7 vs IC7

djnes

Fully [H]
Joined
Mar 24, 2000
Messages
19,560
Anyone feel like sharing some opinions on a comparison between the two....performance wise?

I am thinking of getting the AI7 as an upgrade. The uGuru stuff is awesome, plus it has onboard LAN which is something my IC7 doesn't have. My main concern/question is the difference between the 865 and 875. Performance-wise they seem very close.
 
If you overclock, stick with the IC7. I don't see any reason why you'd change out the boards anyway. You wouldn't even be "upgrading."
 
Originally posted by MemoryInAGarden
If you overclock, stick with the IC7. I don't see any reason why you'd change out the boards anyway. You wouldn't even be "upgrading."

If overclocking was my primary reason, I think it's stay with the AI7 simply because of the uGuru chip.
 
Someone is selling the AI7 in the trade forum. Get it and tell us your results.
 
Originally posted by MontyAC
Someone is selling the AI7 in the trade forum. Get it and tell us your results.

I ended up buying one today. I will try it out sometime this week or so, and let you know.
 
Back
Top