AI powered sharpening

marshac

American Hero
I got a new monitor for Christmas (43" wide) and have been having a hard time finding desktop photos at a high enough resolution. Today it occurred to me to try one of the AI-powered sharpening tools that have started to become available - fairly good results! Below is a close-up of a section of the Space Needle - left is the original photos, the right is sharpened. The difference is quite noticeable on the desktop. Kind of a cool tool to keep in the back pocket if you find something that you like, but isn't quite the right size.

1586112427050.png

UnknownSouljer

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm assuming 4k resolution? There are tons of websites that are dedicated to various desktop resolutions. (interfacelift being a long time one)
I was downloading 5k wallpapers 5 years ago even though I've only gotten a DCI-4k monitor this past year.

As a side note (and obviously I know you disagree), I prefer the original on the left. Increases in sharpness don't equate to increases in detail, and I prefer the rolled off colors and edges. The left looks like a photograph, the right looks like a rendering, all of the DOF effect from the lensing and character has been removed.

Last edited: