AHCI

manny_17

Limp Gawd
Hey all, I was told to enable AHCI with my new SSD I got. yet, when I do so, it gives me a blue screen and I have to revert back to default settings... I was told to go AHCI due to this...

Boot Partition on my SSD, large files (STEAM) and whatnot on a separate HDD... I would walk away from the system and it would intermittently freeze.... move mouse, and BLAM, I would have to reset.... this would happen...oh 3 times a day. I researched how to get optimal usage from my SSD on good and disabled a few things such as windows search and dis defrag from system services. The only way I can get it to STOP from freezing is to have the HDD completely unplugged (HDD going?)

AHCI = blue screen?

weird

I had the same thing happen to me when I switched to AHCI. I think you have to reformat your HD when its set to the AHCI mode in the BIOS rather than SATA. I haven't done it yet though, so not entirely sure this will fix your issue.

ok that worked... for now. So what about all my games and shizz I have on this 1TB HDD? Should I reformat that bastard as well, or am I safe to just plug and go?

This seems to be a common problem (with me too) There should be a stickied thread about this type of stuff.

Back