ah yes, the 6800 OC

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for getting the card, everytime i goto outpost to get the card. I get the same message, call for avalibility, does anyone know when they'll get the card back in? How bout another place to purchase it from?

hah yeah, i saw the newegg one, i was trying to stick with BFG, that's what i'm waiting on.

The overclocks on the BFG cards are, at best, very mild. You can easily beat their OC with any card. Just find the cheapest 6800 or the one with the best software bundle for a reasonable price.

My PNY is at 380/800 and idles at 55C! I think that's a VERY good overclock considering what my cooling is. Does anyone think I can go higher without an NV5 install?

I got mine at Future Power PC, I had no problems with them, and I really like the card. When I got mine though the price was $269, I didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

I got my PNY 6800 at CompUSA this morning... $229 with $30 mail in rebate = $199 + taxes

If you can find the Gainward 2100 Golden Sample I would recommend them. There are three models that I know of. The single slot(which I bought), the dual slot(with dual fan's althoigh gainward's site carries bot the dual fan dual slot heat sink fan setup and the single.....so if you are really gung ho you could swap either), and a single slot flash model that is new(no idea what the difference is).

Out of the box I got a bump from 325/700 to 350/800......nothing quite as nice as a agaurenteed overclock.

Like I said though......if you can find them. They appear to be as rare as hen's teeth now. Wish I could find another 2100 Golden Sample (non-flash) single slot, since I need it.

Back