Agp X700

mis3

Gawd
Joined
Jul 4, 2000
Messages
827
My PC is 3-4 years old and is still in good condition: P4-2.2 GHz, Asus P4T-E, Asus V8200 X-Gamer, I Ghz RDRAM.

I am looking for a new 19-inch LCD and a new video card with DVI output. Without doing much research, it seems that the ATI APG-X700 is the one to get (or to wait for).

My question is is my PC too old for this video card? If not, what do you suggest? I am not sure the P4T-E can support AGP-8X. Is this important?
 
I'd take the 6600GT AGP over the x700 anyday, the 6600GT AGP is available at a number of sites, and to your Q about agp 8x, if your mobo only has agp 4x you wont really see any difference between running the card in 4x or 8x agp mode , maybe 1-2% in benchmarks but no difference in real world situations.

SaViOr
 
I remember my motherboard only support AGP card running 1.5 volts.

Are all the new video cards running in this voltage now?
 
Back
Top