AGP problems with Gigabyte GA-7VAX

BoWser

Limp Gawd
Not too long ago, I attempted to flash my bios to the F12 using a windows based upgrade program from gigabyte. When i restarted my computer, i found that my bios was updated but windows was not starting. It gave me a error saying that ntfs.sys was corrupt or something among that line. I could not enter windows except for in safe mode. So i proceded to try to flash to the F10 bios and windows still did not work so i gave up and reformated. Now everything works fine except for one thing. My smartgart is only detecting my Radeon 8500LE at AGP 2x not 4x. It used to work fine before but now it does not. I have tried reinstalling drivers for both my chipset and video card, trying diffrent drivers and as well as looking in bios but not finding anything there obvious. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to avoid formating as much as possible.

I have a GA-7VAC and it reports my 8x card as being 4x in 4x mode. dont rely on smartgart... maybe H!oda CPUID can tell you what AGP mode you are running in?

I just tried it, it still says 2x and it says my chipset only supports 2x. I have tried reinstalling my chipset drivers numerous times and still had no good results. Any other ideas?

Holy crap, that did it. Ctrl+F1 did wonders, it was almost like finding a code for a video game :) thanks a lot.

Back