• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AGP/PCI Mhz?

allan_leung

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
81
Hello

I am overclocking my 3.0c and I've notice when I increase my FSB the AGP/PCI Mhz goes up too. I was told to always leave it at 66/33. What will happen if I increase it? Is that bad for my AGP and PCI slot?

One last question. When I raise my voltage, at what point is consider the danger zone?

I am still a NOOB!

Thank You
 
if you run your computer at 67/35 you'll be fine its just when the agp gets up around 75/40 your going to have problems with the video card are the stuff in your pci slots.
 
Originally posted by allan_leung
BUMP!

I need help. CAN ANYONE TELL ME if 100/50 is ok?

Im gonna call the BS card on this one...

Take me a screenie and show me you are running your PCI at 50Mhz

Most PCI devices fail at about 39 - 40
 
Here is a image

I am not lying.

I have a 1.6A and overclock to 2400. When I run ClockGen as you can see below, it says my AGP is 100 and my PCI is 50.

When I go into bios and try to raise the FSB, the AGP/PCI Mhz goes up at the same time too. I am confuse.

desktop.jpg
 
can anyne verify that the program is accurate? maybe the bus is really locked, but the program doesn't actually read it and only calculates it from the fsb.
 
i just used the prog an the highest i can get with a 9600xt is 80.82 b4 it locks up up. wow this is sweet for you.:cool:
 
up to 86.67 using clockgen.

p.s. - reset my 9600xt to default values an walking it up in 2 mhz increments.

nuts- got it to 88.83 then it locked. runnin at 87.5 now and seems stable. anybody else try this yet?
 
well, u said your overclocking a 3.0 and in the picture it says your proc is 2.4 soooooooooo?
 
Originally posted by thebliX
well, u said your overclocking a 3.0 and in the picture it says your proc is 2.4 soooooooooo?

My thoughts too. Is your multiplier set right? I don't have a Pentium but if I'm right the 3.0ghz procs have 533 and 800 fsb which means FSB should be set to 133 or 200 and that means the multiplier should be 23 or 15; not 16?).

Also is there a BIOS option to set AGP to 66? Setting AGP to 66 should lock PCI to 33.
 
UPDATE:

my bios has an agp clock setting up to 100mhz on the MSI k7n2-v

i just re-ran 3dmark2001se with the same settings BUT i used this clockgen prog an set my agp at 83.3 mhz (had lock up issues with 3dmark at any higher speeds) and posted an extra 128 marks higher.
here: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7485534

sooooo...sisoft does not verify agp speed but 3dmark leads me to believe that it is possible to run agp higher.

in conclusion, the benefits are minimal at best unless you are possibly doing high tech video editing where this agp speed may be useful. any thoughts on this?
 
Back
Top