• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

agp old and new again?

ati never stopped making agp cards. the AGP varients of the X850 series are just NOW coming to market after months and months of the PCIe version being available.

AGP's days are numbered.
 
tsuehpsyde said:
Yeah, PCI-X was a flop....and a hard one at that. :p PCI-E please.

errm, PCI-X was a huge success. Saying that PCI-X is a flop, is like saying the Lamborgini Diablo was a flop because Ford sold more Tauruses.

PCI-X was, and still is a server standard.. I would not, even now, buy a server without PCI-X.

True the PCIe 4x slot will replace it eventually, but not soon, I have yet to see a board with lots of PCIe 4x slots.

==>Lazn
 
2Fresh said:
I do not think AGP is going to go away any time soon.

Believe me it will. Most computers companies selling at the retail level have moved a large portion of their offerings to PCI-Express and SATA. Once that transition is complete you won't see it in new machines anymore. Give it a year for that tops.
 
Yeah, AGP's days are numbered, lets not forget that everything from dell model number 4700 and up desktops already come standard with PCI-E, i think the 2400 and 3000 only offer intergrated graphics. so guess what, AGP is dead to dell. PCI-E is the future!
 
I will consider PCIe the de facto standard only when game developers start programming to take advantage of the extra bandwidth (I don't mean 4GB/s vs. 2GB/s, I mean the extra 4GB/s FROM the card that wasn't there before). Until developers start taking advantage of the bidirectionality, there will be no benefits to the new standard. Until then, I'll just buy whatever is cheaper- I upgrade often enough anyway.
 
Back
Top