• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

AGP off?

Mikey20

Gawd
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
762
after installing my radeon 9700pro i downloaded the cat 3.10 drivers. and in the settings it has AGP OFF instead of 8X and have fastwrites off. even if i turn agp to 8x and fastwrites it askes me to reboot so i do. and i check the settings and its back to off!!!! in my bios fastwrites is enabled and agp also. is this normal is it ok?
 
I had the same problem with my 9800 Pro when I downloaded 3.10, but then I downloaded intel's newest drivers for my chipset and everything went back to normal. I believe that will fix your problem.

On a side note, I didn't notice any performance hits when agp was off (even in Halo), therefore, I am guessing smartgart is just displaying the wrong agp speed...could be wrong though...

-MoOfAsA~
 
Back
Top