agp motherboard going out...

gameradio

n00b
I have an AGP motherboard that is starting to act up, i wanna find a good replacement that wont break the bank since i just got this ATI agp card for now, not ready to do a massive upgrade.. Is there any agp mobo that i should be looking after? thanks guys.

What kind of board is it? Intel/AMD. My socket 939 board just went out and I'm currently looking for a replacement... =\

that board is the worst it always acts up and i got rid of mine cause it never even booted.

don't get socket 478 motherboards with agp. try going lg775 with agp slot or something.

939 are hard to find and are rare a 754 are still common but cpu's are hard to come by but agp is always and will be forever stuck with 754/478/775

gl with your search

AsRock Dual SATA2 and a cheap dual core Celeron maybe. The mobo is not a good overclocker, but the one I have in my spare computer manages 300 MHz FSB without any voltage mods. (I'm running a E2160 @ 2.7 GHz). You can then use your AGP card and the DDR memory. It beat the cr*p out of the old P4 @ 3.5 GHz which it replaced here.

I dont do any overclocking at all, i have a 512 mb video card, about to go with 2 gigs of ram. That is all i need for now, i only mainly play WOW, and simple internet use, nothing other than that.

Back