AGP Aperture?

GaleForce

Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
761
I have an nvidia GeForce 6800GT card, 256mb. In the bios the AGP aperture says 128mb. Is this right or should I change it to 256? Thanks.
 
Brent_Justice said:
how much RAM do you have?

if you have 1GB or more set it to 256

I thought htis had more to do with the VRAM (?). The rule of thumb I think is double the ARAM on your card. If you have a 64MB card set it at 128, if you have a 128 card set it at 256 and so on.
 
the aperture tells the comp how much system ram to set aside for the graphics card
 
I would think that with 256 on the card, 64-128 from system should be plenty.
 
If you have 1GB of RAM you should set it to 256MB. If you have 512MB or less then i would leave it at 128MB.

The aperture size is allocated system memory set aside to be used once the video card runs out of on-board memory.
 
Someone should sticky this question. Any next gen card should be set @ 256MB for maximum performance.
 
Seems people still disagree about this, although I agree with Lazn's link and Reuben's assessment (and Atrye). 64-128 is a good point to be at, although personally I would probably choose 128 with that card (I use 128 with my XT-PE).
 
Back
Top