Agility 4 128GB SSD $35, free ship, MIR @ Amazon.com

Dead? Listed as $75 and no rebates linked. Even with the $20, it'd be $55.
Go to https://ocztechnology.4myrebate.com/, then click to claim/find a rebate and select advanced search with keyword is AGT4-25SAT3-128G and retail store is Amazon.com, it will bring up to 3 valid rebates.
OCZrebate.jpg

Did you read the thread? You could only get 1 rebate anyway. And It clearly shows the rebate form under the price
This is true. I won't buy any OCZ ssd's unless they are free or same price as hdd.

Last edited:
retail store is Amazon.com, it will bring up to 3 valid rebates.

Could this be some type of bait to get people to try to apply for more than one rebate with only 1 UPC then void any rebate?

I'm sure there is some logic behind all the different rebates.

Did you read the thread? You could only get 1 rebate anyway. And It clearly shows the rebate form under the price

Amazon did in fact have 2 rebate forms listed at $20 each at one time but upon opening the .pdf rebate links one of them was only for $10 and the other for $20.

Also when I called Amazon I was told that there were 3 rebates available and that it was up to me to contact OCZ and see how to file them properly with only 1 UPC. They offered a OCZ contact phone number.

Now Amazon only shows one rebate for $20.

I think the marketing department made a screw up on the listing and after people like me and others contacted Amazon a decision was made by them to only list one rebate to avoid the risk of OCZ not honoring the rebates.

At $35 the deal was smoking hot.

click to claim/find a rebate and select advanced search with keyword is AGT4-25SAT3-128G and retail

I did that and it popped up a total of $50 in rebates from Amazon.com for the AGT4-25SAT3-128G.

That brings the price to $25!!! :D

No wonder when I called Amazon they were so confused about the rebates.

At $25 this is the hottest deal that I have ever seen on a recently released computer hardware part.

I did that and it popped up a total of $50 in rebates from Amazon.com for the AGT4-25SAT3-128G.

That brings the price to $25!!! :D

No wonder when I called Amazon they were so confused about the rebates.

At $25 this is the hottest deal that I have ever seen on a recently released computer hardware part.

Look at the part numbers, its for 3 different drives, there's only a $20 rebate for the 128gb.

Look at the part numbers, its for 3 different drives, there's only a $20 rebate for the 128gb.

I took the part number right off of my invoice and already registered 3 rebate forms worth $100 for 2 of them that I bought.

The big problem is assembling the rebate forms correctly with only 1 UPC per drive. I'd like to put all 3 rebate forms in 1 letter but each rebate has its own mailing label. It's a complete cluster.

WTF is going on at Amazon. The price has changed about 4 times that I have clicked the link. This morning it is showing:

List Price: $129.99
Price: $74.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $55.00 (42%)
Post-purchase rebate: $30.00 Get forms
Price after rebate: $44.99
Rebate forms for recent purchases

But click the rebate link and it shows only 1 rebate for :

Started on: Order by: Postmark by: Rebate amount:
OCZ Technology Rebate Form
Rebate Offer: Receive $20 from OCZ Technology with this mail-in rebate. Offer valid through September 10.

9/5/12 9/10/12 21 days after purchase $20.00

Someone's math is off. I want to bite..so bad..but I've jumped on 2 other SSD deals this week ahaha. IF its really 44 bucks then I'll bite.

o5s6s0.png

:p

Anyway,
$35 would still be an insane deal, I cannot wait till the 240/256 and the 480/512 drives get down to these prices.

lol

Back on topic, someone should edit the first post and the title. Misleading and if you don't read anything else it could save the time of figuring it out yourself.

WTF is going on at Amazon. The price has changed about 4 times that I have clicked the link. This morning it is showing:

List Price: $129.99
Price: $74.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $55.00 (42%)
Post-purchase rebate: $30.00 Get forms
Price after rebate: $44.99
Rebate forms for recent purchases

But click the rebate link and it shows only 1 rebate for :

Started on: Order by: Postmark by: Rebate amount:
OCZ Technology Rebate Form
Rebate Offer: Receive $20 from OCZ Technology with this mail-in rebate. Offer valid through September 10.

9/5/12 9/10/12 21 days after purchase $20.00

Someone's math is off. I want to bite..so bad..but I've jumped on 2 other SSD deals this week ahaha. IF its really 44 bucks then I'll bite.

The price and rebate forms were changing yesterday as well.

Any how if you go to the OCZ rebate site that was posted above you can find 3 valid rebate offers for today. The rebate offers can be found in this screen shot.

OCZrebate.jpg

Total money to be saved in rebates is $50. So if the price is $75 after these crazy rebates the price will be $25. The big problem is completing the 3 rebates with only 1 UPC. I already applied for the 3 rebates at the OCZ WEB site. Going to have to call OZC rebates on Monday to figure out the best way to file the 3 rebates with only 1 UPC.

Yes, I did. Hence why I knew that if it was an error by Amazon, that they'd make it right - so it was no risk for the $40.

And no, it doesn't show the rebate form under the price on the mobile/tablet version of the site. I didn't realize that until I checked it out on a PC. An oversight by their coding department, I figured it was just dead. That, or I had just happened to check during one of their price/rebate adjustments the others have mentioned.

I've never had a problem with OCZ rebates, but I do think the UPC is going to be tricky. I'd suggest everyone who *saw* both rebates listed, should push for a credit from Amazon if they get rejected. As you obviously can't return the item then. They probably have it logged when they made a rebate adjustment, so they probably know of their mistake.

Last edited:
OCZ Cant even give there shitty SSD's away...

I had problems with Vertex 2 and didn't think I'd buy the brand again but as of late their newer SSD offerings are putting out decent reviews and with the hot deals it seems like a low risk $$ time to give them another chance. I will be running 2 of these agility 4 128gb models in RAID 0 for OS and favorite games. 256 SSD in RAID 0 for $50 was to good a deal to not bite. I will post some benches and experience.

OCZ Cant even give there shitty SSD's away...

Want to add that many people have already been able to buy the SSD for $35 after MIR.

Check out this thread at slick deals: http://slickdeals.net/f/5156280-OCZ-Technology-128GB-SSD-Agility-4-55-AR-amazon-com?&page=16

Also the Agility 4 is currently ranked #1 of all SSD sales at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/1292116011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_4_last

OCZ is pulling off a strong come back with this one.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Am I the only one to notice that this is the first time SSDs have achieved price parity with hard drives? IIRC, 120GB drives cost around $35.

Am I the only one to notice that this is the first time SSDs have achieved price parity with hard drives? IIRC, 120GB drives cost around $35.

This is a bit misleading though, with HDDs those smaller sized ones are going to be more expensive per GB simply because a great deal of the expense is in the manufacturing and hardware which doesn't change drastically much on size, the only real difference is platter density/numbers which don't add too much to the cost and actually start to lower the per GB number. Also keep in mind that those smaller drives may in fact be legacy devices that they don't make in large numbers anymore (e.g. DDR2 memory is way more expensive than DDR3) which also falsely adds to expense.

Even though they're getting close, calling these super cheap dips with MIRs to be on parity for a HDD that's not on sale, is jumping the gun a little.

Received the drive today and remembered why I stopped using OCZ a couple years back. Out of the box, drive won't work. PC recognizes it but says has to be formatted. Attempt format, says windows cannot format drive after about 30 seconds or so. Remember something about OCZ firmware and flash to latest. Windows says need to format drive...try but get IO error unable to complete. Reflash drive. Wipe drive. Try again. Fail. Try new SATA cable fail. Try different SATA port both II and III. Fail. Try dos prompt wipe command found on some Russian site. Fail. Find DOS based flash program. Fail. Curse and drink 3 beers and some vodka. Reflash one last time from windows. Finished?? Hmm onto something. Ok, so run SMART tool from Crystal Mark. Says drive is at 30% health. Curse. Curse again. Use OCZ tool to rewipe drive. Reformat. Success... sort of. Run benchmark, getting ~160write 310 read. At least it's working. Going to bed.

Received the drive today and remembered why I stopped using OCZ a couple years back. Out of the box, drive won't work. PC recognizes it but says has to be formatted. Attempt format, says windows cannot format drive after about 30 seconds or so. Remember something about OCZ firmware and flash to latest. Windows says need to format drive...try but get IO error unable to complete. Reflash drive. Wipe drive. Try again. Fail. Try new SATA cable fail. Try different SATA port both II and III. Fail. Try dos prompt wipe command found on some Russian site. Fail. Find DOS based flash program. Fail. Curse and drink 3 beers and some vodka. Reflash one last time from windows. Finished?? Hmm onto something. Ok, so run SMART tool from Crystal Mark. Says drive is at 30% health. Curse. Curse again. Use OCZ tool to rewipe drive. Reformat. Success... sort of. Run benchmark, getting ~160write 310 read. At least it's working. Going to bed.

But But... its the best selling SDD on Amazon.com....

What russian site did you get these DOS prompt wipe commands from?

Check out Parted Magic. It's a great one for data management and can be ran by itself. Really neat.

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start

I am going to be setting up 2 of these Agility 4's I just got in RAID 0 in the near future with Windows 7. I will post my results here.

Last edited:
Uhh I think that page is buggy as hell. I refreshed a couple of times because I keep getting different price and eventually Amazon showed me this:

$5 after rebate xD

ab45sh.jpg

Man, $50 with a 3 purchase limit..... This may be tempting me to buy my first OCZ ssd since the original indilinx and sandforce.......

Yao-ming-meme.jpg

I've got my one, not that I needed it. $25 AR was too good to pass up. :) (And yes, I've done multi-rebate screw-ups successfully before. Multiple times.) Being stubborn is key. :p

It's real, price has been going between $45-$55 after rebate for the last 20 minutes. Even if it shows up as $5 AR, I'm not willing to float the amount until the rebate comes back for a drive that may not work, ever. I made the mistake/good decision to read the reviews.

Wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole that someone else is holding.

I've got my one, not that I needed it. $25 AR was too good to pass up. :) (And yes, I've done multi-rebate screw-ups successfully before. Multiple times.) Being stubborn is key. :p

Explain the winning process to this. :) PM me if you have to. I'm stubborn.

Back