Agesa 1.1.0.2 improved 2950x

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
So I finally got around to updating my Aorus Extreme x399 bios. Agesa 1.1.0.2 improved my thermals and voltage under load quite a bit when using precision boost.

E.g. used to full load at 1.41 ish down to 1.37ish

Clock speed improved 50 to 75 mhz on avg.

Also max load temp now is about 65 to 68C down from 70 to 72 avg full load. I use a xspc raystorm threadripper block. Cooled by a triple 120mm EK rad in push pull.

I noticed while doing Staxrip CPU hevc conversions.

Just sharing if any fellow AMD owner forgot to update bios. I'll check if my 2600x b450 board is up to date on this microcode. If applicable.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I will let my buddy know. I was so close to swapping over to a 2950x setup but then the leaks came out about the 3850x and I will just wait for that to come out.

I know 1.0.0.6 made a huge difference for me on my first gen Ryzen. Was a pain to get 3200 ram to work with it until that release, now all I have to do is click DOCP settings and it works.

I will let my buddy know. I was so close to swapping over to a 2950x setup but then the leaks came out about the 3850x and I will just wait for that to come out.

Yes I'll probably get the 16core am4 part as well. I'll sell my 2950x and get a 32 core TR 7nm whenever they hit the market.

Is it just me, or is Gigabyte like the fastest motherboard manufacturer when it comes to firmware releases? ASUS finally got around to releasing a BIOS for the Zenith Extreme with AGESA 1.1.0.2 today... About 4 months after Gigabyte. Yet ASUS charges an arm and a leg for a motherboard.

Is it just me, or is Gigabyte like the fastest motherboard manufacturer when it comes to firmware releases? ASUS finally got around to releasing a BIOS for the Zenith Extreme with AGESA 1.1.0.2 today... About 4 months after Gigabyte. Yet ASUS charges an arm and a leg for a motherboard.

Yeah I think they are pretty fast at Gigabyte for sure. I'm very very happy with my Aorus Extreme. And I hope it takes me 2 more gens at least

Yeah I think they are pretty fast at Gigabyte for sure. I'm very very happy with my Aorus Extreme. And I hope it takes me 2 more gens at least

Though for some reason it's the only TR4 motherboard that Gigabyte updated to AGESA 1.1.0.2. I hope they don't follow ASUS and take care only of their current flagships.

If I may ask you, can you please tell me how your 2950X is boosting on PBO2 and XFR2? I have a 1950X here running stock under an AIO (H115i) and a brand new 2950X in its sealed box, and I'm wondering if I should swap CPUs. Before I do, I'm curious how it's boosting and on how many cores at a time.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

Though for some reason it's the only TR4 motherboard that Gigabyte updated to AGESA 1.1.0.2. I hope they don't follow ASUS and take care only of their current flagships.

If I may ask you, can you please tell me how your 2950X is boosting on PBO2 and XFR2? I have a 1950X here running stock under an AIO (H115i) and a brand new 2950X in its sealed box, and I'm wondering if I should swap CPUs. Before I do, I'm curious how it's boosting and on how many cores at a time.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

Best I can do is show you with some screenshots. I have mine fully custom loop tuned so your mileage may vary.

It holds a steady 4.0x Ghz under full load which I think it very good.

Here is the system under no load:
I also use Corepark and Process Lasso

Single core tends to hit around 4400mhz sometimes 2 will hit that.

upload_2019-3-4_19-54-33.png

Here is my chip under full all core load using CInebench:
upload_2019-3-4_19-55-52.png

If my baseclock was actually @ 100mhz I bet all those cores would load to a perfect 4100mhz.

So I think it is working pretty well. Here is voltage loaded using the same cinebench:

upload_2019-3-4_19-57-47.png
this is fully engaged during a CBench run. 1.320v all cores @ 4100mhz using PBO

Temps are around 62c full load under water in CBench:
upload_2019-3-4_19-59-47.png

tangoseal thank you so much for the info :)

Were you able to set your DDR4 RAM above 3000 with the 2950x, or is that DDR4 3000 and you never tried it? With the 1950X I can't go above 3000, no matter what RAM I try.

tangoseal thank you so much for the info :)

Were you able to set your DDR4 RAM above 3000 with the 2950x, or is that DDR4 3000 and you never tried it? With the 1950X I can't go above 3000, no matter what RAM I try.

I only have Gsklll RGB 3000 so the max I can run reliably is 3000 and its set at that and perfectly stable.

I understand the 2nd Gen threadrippers are more stable in the ram department with the latest agesa microcodes than the 1st gen chips.

Last edited:
Back