Age of Conan - Assassin Class

Frostex

2[H]4U
Yeah another AoC thread I know...but the official forums are not accessable and I thought this would be the next best place to ask. (i've read all the wiki's etc, theres really not a lot of in depth info on the assassins)

Seemingly not a lot of info is released on the assassin class, and I really wanted to know more about it before I purchased the game. So really this is just going to be a bunch of questions fired off in random order.

Does anyone know anything significant about stealth? Apparantly all classes can do it, but rogues excel at it, can you stay stealthed all the time once your level gets high enough?

What about backstabs, is the class likely to be able to get to the point where they can deal significant damage in one blow? In WoW the rogues could get their initial backstab up to deal enough damage to sap 1/2 (or more) the total amount of health the enemy had.

I read they can have crossbows, but not really about how good they are with them, any additional info here?

Skills I've read about such as climbinb, and pickpocketing, i really want to know more about these things but just cannot find anything about them at all. Specifically I want to know if you can pickpocket from other human players in PvP severs, if you can do it from being stealthed etc, what sort of things can you pickpocket, does it detract from the loot dropped by mobs? etc...

Just any other general info on the character...

I like the idea they can poison weapons, but they seem to have gone a semi-magic style route with this class, they can deal unholy damage and stuff like that, it doesn't seem very typically "assassin" to me, more of just a way to pull up the class due to their low armour (they have to wear silk to help them sneak)

Any other general assassin comments welcome, especially from those who have played them in the beta.

assassin's are about as durable as a starved crack addict (huffing too much of their poison on their free time perhaps).

They hit pretty hard with their combos. Their opening attack hits hard, but the combos do more damage. Sadly assassin's tend to be clobbered into nothingness at higher levels. Armor of a caster, not much more HP and you have to stand in melee to kill. :)

I've just been reading that Assassins are deadly in the low levels because they can just pop up behind casters and take them down in 2 hits, there's even videos of it, which is kinda cool...

However in the later levels like 25+ people (especially those playing casters) are reporting to be able to deal with Assassins easily, which seems a bit lame, even when the Assassin gets the jump on them, they just pop a health potion and fear the assassin away and blast them with spells.

I hope going invisible is streamlined so you can hop into a shadow and go invisible again, then either escape or stalk your prey for a bit and attack them again.

But cloth armour is worrying, it sounds like if people can resist your initial few attacks they'll easily take you down :/

But cloth armour is worrying, it sounds like if people can resist your initial few attacks they'll easily take you down :/

Well they better be able to take you down if your first set of attacks fails, thats called balance :)

Well if the attacks fail for a reason thats not your fault, some random element, that's just a PITA...

Well if the attacks fail for a reason thats not your fault, some random element, that's just a PITA...

So you want to just kill someone every single time, presuming you get the jump on them? And you think that would be more fair? :p

so Assasins are ass gimped in pvp? not suprised huh. I bet with all the shit funcom has to work on still it will take them a while to finish balancing Rogues. Rogues have always been tough to balance in PVP because they have to get close to do anything and everyone has some CC move.

What about PVE. What are the big differences between the 3 Rogue classes in PVE?

So you want to just kill someone every single time, presuming you get the jump on them? And you think that would be more fair? :p

Entirely depensd how hard it is to get behind people...from what I read how well you can hide is also based on how dark the area is around you, so that may in some circumstances limit you to the areas you can attack from.

If it's very hard to get behind someone to begin with, then yes, I think assassins should be taking down the spell casters in a few hits.

An assassin who you just go toe to toe with is not a great deal any more different or interesting from just a barbarian or generic warrior style class.

Entirely depensd how hard it is to get behind people...from what I read how well you can hide is also based on how dark the area is around you, so that may in some circumstances limit you to the areas you can attack from.

If it's very hard to get behind someone to begin with, then yes, I think assassins should be taking down the spell casters in a few hits.

An assassin who you just go toe to toe with is not a great deal any more different or interesting from just a barbarian or generic warrior style class.

Said person plays a rogue in wow. They are blatantly OP in wow, just like all melee right now.

Personally I'm glad they are giving spell casters defenses against rogue classes.

Bear shaman or the pure priest class sounds hot. Do healers get nice nukes?

Tempest of Set is very OP right now. They have an AOE attack that will clear a room in no time. I'm willing to bet though it will be nerfed significantly before long.

I wouldn't say they are overpowered. Perhaps at low levels they seem powerful since they can almost 1 shot enemies with their nuke but things definitely taper off once they get higher.

I wouldn't say they are overpowered. Perhaps at low levels they seem powerful since they can almost 1 shot enemies with their nuke but things definitely taper off once they get higher.

The sheer amount of control they have over fights make them overpowered in WOW. Sap, cheap shot, gouge, blind, kidney shot, and then kick which is like a caster cc. I absolutely hated crowd control in WOW and that will be one thing I check on before I start another MMORPG.

Back