AG removed step 1, step 2 please help

Modmonkey

n00b
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
5
Hey everybody,

I successfully removed my anti-glare film using the threads provided on the forum.

I have a LG W2252TQ, quite an old lcd, was manufactured in 2008. Its max resolution is 1680x 1050 at 60hz.

Removing the film has had quite a big difference on my eyes, especially my right eye, when i was using the film it constantly got very uncomfortable even sometimes after 2 mins taking a break for 1 hour? Now i can read for hours.

Mainly what i need help with is choosing a screen that you guys would recommend that will leave the least stress on my eyes while im reading & over time, even if i have to take the Anti-Glare film off the new screen i dont mind. Any help would be kindly appreciated. :)




s64mcg.jpg


6tgqzd.jpg


23m26vm.jpg


zmjhgh.jpg
 
First and foremost - get your eyes tested. I suspect one of your eyes is weaker than the other.
 
Last time i got them tested my right eye was weaker no doubt but the anti glare film was seriously affecting it, now its fine it doesnt look like the text is blurry any more.

What would my next step be ?
 
Even thought I hate glossy for it's reflections, which are bad for your eyesight too, I have to admit that text is much sharper on a glossy screen.

If I understood correctly, you want a new monitor and tried removing the AG on your old one in case you have to remove the AG on the new?

If that is so, what size are you looking for? What's your budget? What will be the primary uses of your new monitor?
 
thanx for the reply man, i cant explain how much sharper mine is, its much much better.

Well i removed the coating from my screen because my eyes couldnt take it any longer, im happy that it came out to be the AG, i was expecting to have it off & not have much of a noted difference.

Now that i have removed it , removing an AG from a new screen will be much more easier, more tidy & hassle free.

Im not really bothered by size of the new monitor 21.5 , 22 , 23 or even 24 would be good, although
i would like to know from you what monitor & size you would recommend if my primary purpose is reading & typing, even if i have to go for a 19". I do watch videos now & then but im mostly typing it out & reading up alot,

I used to hate reading in my school days although when u grow up you learn about the importance, especially when u find what u can find on the net.

Thank you for your help bro
 
Back
Top