• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aftermarket HSF for OC'ed SFF setup?

Freezebyte

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
2,403
Hey all, I''ve finished my specs for my newest system build which will consist of a Core 2 E8500 on a ASUS P5E-VM HDMI board with 2gigx2 G.Skill DDR2 800. This will give me the ability to hopefully overclocking to at least 400mhz FSB and i'll pretty much call it a day for OC as it seems to be pretty easy with these Intel chips and I haven't OC'ed since my P4 days.

I've heard some stating that the stock Intel HSF will handle the job, yet others say it will not. This setup will be housed in a Silverstone SG01-F case, so I don't have alot of room, hence my aftermarket HSF options are limited. My PSU is a Antec NeoHE 500w which DOES not have a bottom fan, just an outside 80mm fan, so the Silverstone NT06 series won't work.

After much research, iv'e narrowed it down to these. I'd like to know what everyones thoughts and suggestions are to replace the Intel stock HSF with something better for a light OC so I can hit 3.8ghz hopefully.


ZALMAN CNPS 8000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118005

Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1482/cpu-zal-13/Zalman_CNPS7000B-Cu_Intel_Socket_478_775_AMD_Socket_462_754_939_940.html?tl=g40c14s52

Thermaltake Blue Orb II

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1472/cpu-tta-29/Thermaltake_Blue_Orb_II_CPU_Heatsink_w_Blue_LED_Pentium_4_LGA775_AMD_754939940AM2_CL-P0257.html?tl=g40c14s52

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 LP Low Profile
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8090/cpu-arc-20/Arctic_Cooling_Freezer_7_LP_Low_Profile_Media_Center_CPU_Cooler_Socket_775_-_ACFZ7LP.html?tl=g40c14s52

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118118
 
in my guess from this list Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu will be the best

but for me thermalright xp-120 is very gooood cooler :D
7cm from PCB to top of HSF
120mm fans has 15/20mm slim ones or regular fan 25mm
so 9,5cm whole height max

I measured it on 939 socket, 775 is thinner than 939 on about 3-5mm I think
 
Out of that list, the CNPS8000 is probably the best. Either that or the Blue Orb (although I think the Zalman is a better bet).
 
Back
Top