Afterburner Developer, says Development of the App is "Abandoned" on the Guru3D Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in this situation the opposite is true, Guru3D has the older version and MSI has the newer version.
It's just all so weird
Another way to phrase what pendragon1 said could be "Guru3D has new releases first". MSI gets them after Guru3D already has them. So, the earlier date on Guru3D's website doesn't necessarily mean the file is older, but could just reflect when Alexey was finished with it, while MSI's date could reflect when they received it, uploaded it, finished some qualtiy-testing with it, or something like that.

I don't know why the dates are different, but I expect they're the same file, and I see a lot of that going around. Asus' website lists motherboard drivers dates as different than what the driver date is shows as in device manager after it's installed.

Could run a hash check on the download from each site, I suppose.

Is it? I just downloaded the MSI version and it's showing that it was last modified on 11/16 of last year. The one on Guru3D was last modified last week.
The MSI site is straight fucked because when I was at my previous work site the MSI site was offering up Beta 5 which was updated on the 17'th, now from this address it is Beta 4 from as you said last year.
Fucking MSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back