• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

After we cure Cancer?

Ibanez3434

Bad Trader
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
669
Ok I was thinking today... Which is something I like to do. So what is the [H]orde going to do after we cure Cancer? SETI? At least we know if we use SETI that we won't have to worry about it ending :rolleyes: . But seriously what are we going to do!?!?! :eek:
 
If there is a viable cancer cure in my lifetime I’ll simply move on to one of the other medical disasters that always seem to be with us.
 
I saw mention of this a couple of days ago on TV, looks to be promising. Lee Iacocca started a foundation several years ago to do research into a cure for Diabetes.
Last year, Dr. Denise Faustman, one of the researchers the Iacocca Foundation has supported for over a decade cured type I diabetes in mice. I'm not going to wait for the government or the pharmaceutical industry to decide to get the human trials going. We need $11 million for these clinical trials now. I've given the first million and I'm asking the American people to get behind me and give the rest

http://www.iacoccafoundation.org/
 
There are many different types of cancer, I doubt there will be one cure for every kind. I think that even if something big did occur with folding@home and cancer there would still be a lot of research to do. Remember there's also things like Alzheimers that have to be tackled too. It will be quite awhile before medical research is finished, if ever. I would bet on f@h going away first or maybe the technology to simulate protein folding changing radically before we're finished fixing the human condition. The aliens are just going to have to be patient.
 
Well, when I am finished I am going to start a How to pay the Folding bill, kind of DC program, so all of us with farms can finish paying the power companies in our lifetime :D :D

As I sit here looking at how to double the farm and get away with it ;)

Let's see another hub will get more boxen to the net, then more PSU's, must go visit the local computer store to see what's in the bargain bin, it' been two weeks.

He who dies with the most boxen, wins .. . . . . . . right,
I am not even in the running yet

MUST GO FASTER :p


 
lots more dm'ing. hopefully someone will write a distributed doom7 ( :rolleyes:) client so those of us with farmen will get like 400 zillion fps. :D

or prime95 for something other than stress testing :eek: .
 
lol, i'm just wondering how wild it would be if the entire [H]orde (i.e. the 1% of it that is active :rolleyes: ) switched to SETI for two weeks...the SETI people would be like :eek:

:D
 
Ibanez3434 said:
snip, snip...So what is the [H]orde going to do after we cure Cancer?..snip, snip...
Remember the show on USA Network where the two guys created a beautiful girl with their computer? :D
 
we take on the far more noble task of curing the common cold and stupidity!



or we do what mosin suggested. that's good too:D
 
Cancer will never be cured. It's all about being eternally dependent on drugs.

That and making sure that you get your daily dosage of hormones, insecticides, genetically modified foods, MBTF gas additive in your water, carcinogens in your air, microwaves in the air, PCBs in your water and fish, gentically modified food molecules, hydrogenated oils, MSG, artifical food coloring, corn syrup in all foods, diets that tell you to eat as much red meat as possible, mercury n fish, lead in water, ...

In Red Hook, NJ there was a 2 year study to find out why all the children were getting cancer. I kept screaming that it was th water being fed to babies... 2 years later when the study was finished they concluded that it was the water.

Then I had a friend who use hot water from the tap for her baby formula... have you ever looked inside a hot water heater after years of use?

People who do not smoke and live in NYC get as much carcinogens as a man who smokes 3 packs a day.
 
wallijonn said:
Cancer will never be cured. It's all about being eternally dependent on drugs.

That and making sure that you get your daily dosage of hormones, insecticides, genetically modified foods, MBTF gas additive in your water, carcinogens in your air, microwaves in the air, PCBs in your water and fish, gentically modified food molecules, hydrogenated oils, MSG, artifical food coloring, corn syrup in all foods, diets that tell you to eat as much red meat as possible, mercury n fish, lead in water, ...

In Red Hook, NJ there was a 2 year study to find out why all the children were getting cancer. I kept screaming that it was th water being fed to babies... 2 years later when the study was finished they concluded that it was the water.

Then I had a friend who use hot water from the tap for her baby formula... have you ever looked inside a hot water heater after years of use?

People who do not smoke and live in NYC get as much carcinogens as a man who smokes 3 packs a day.
Ibanez3434 said:
well I just meant it hypothetically. Kind of a joke thing...

 
wallijonn said:
...PCBs in your water and fish...


What, you mean like the computer boards? I think we should investigate if we can cross-breed some fish to make mobos/cpu's on them so we can fold using fishies. They'll overclock good as they're watercooled! :D
 
rogue_jedi said:
we take on the far more noble task of curing the common cold and stupidity!



or we do what mosin suggested. that's good too:D

There are already cures for the cold and stupidity. :p Chicken Noodle Soup is the cure for the common cold, and cars + trees = cure for stupidity. ;) I mean, Stupidity is kinda self curing, if you look at it that way... Not much of a disease. How can you replicate when you've mashed your replication bits doing something stupid?
 
OCgamer666 said:
If stupidity is self curing what do you call El Presidente Bush

I call him the President (he's not Spanish) ;)

Although, if you're saying the President is "stupid", and stupidity is "self curing" (ie. it destroys itself) then I guess the President will eventually turn in to a democrat. :)
 
OCgamer666 said:
If stupidity is self curing what do you call El Presidente Bush

Sometimes, stupidity works in stupid ways. I mean, he's got all of those 'smart' people around him, making sure he ties his shoes and zips his fly... Kinda like a barrier to keep him from removing himself from the Genepool.
 
’m‚³‚ñ said:
Sometimes, stupidity works in stupid ways. I mean, he's got all of those 'smart' people around him, making sure he ties his shoes and zips his fly... Kinda like a barrier to keep him from removing himself from the Genepool.
so true...
 
After we cure cancer eh?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY LAND!

No...probably not. I think I'll avoid places that welcome rats as tall as men and let them run around rampant hugging children.:eek:

After we cure cancer, I'll roll over in my grave and fold some more.
 
Back
Top